!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Tip : How to stop your multimeter from flipping over when using Tilt Bail Stand  (Read 5669 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The idea that I am suggesting here it born to me in 2010 when I got a FLUKE 87-V which seemed very unstable in my workbench.

87V is a full size DMM and some how it seems that FLUKE engineers miscalculated the offered mechanical support which it yellow holster and tilt bail are able to offer.

My idea about making something about it, came to me after finding one protective cover coming from of one Top grass cutting machine.
By getting it in my hands this old part, I started thinking the way that it would serve best my goal.
It interesting shape and color, powered further more my imagination, and this it did pay out in the end.  ;)

In a later time my 87-V it got replaced by a 28II, this meter stands on the workbench much safer with it tilt bail than the 87-V.
Even so, my idea still improves the stability of any multimeter, and luckily in my case it is 100% compatible with my 28II too.
Therefore I am keeping my design all this years as additional accessory.  :)

I did mentioned my idea and shown pictures to Duane Smith/Fluke at 2010, but possibly they did not took my note that seriously. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Astroplio

Very nice idea, every manufacturer could include an extended stand like that, for those who want to use it.
It is just a mold, and as you mention they can surely use the same mold across the range of their meters.

Did you apply for a patent? ;-)
Or maybe there is some patent already pending? You never know...

Anyway, I like it, I say why not, send this thread at your friends in Hioki maybe they will give it a better chance.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Did you apply for a patent? ;-)

My ideas even if this sound selfish, are serving primarily my needs or my customers, and they are not for sharing. :)
About the spesific one I was expecting a bit of glory from the side of FLUKE, as ethical recognition mostly, which never came.

Anyway, I like it, I say why not, send this thread at your friends in Hioki maybe they will give it a better chance.

I would probably send it to BRYMEN for their BM869
HIOKI DT4282 and Agilent U127xA series are tremendusly well made regarding stability when using Tilt Bail   ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix