!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: EINHELL BT-BC 10E 12V Battery Charger Repair / Oscilloscope measurements  (Read 13895 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Definably this EINHELL BT-BC 10E 12V battery charger is the worst buying option, simply because this charger electronic design, is almost unacceptable.

Very few electronic components comes in to play, and the fact that there is no sort circuit active protection, this will send to death immediately some of it components, if output cables touch its other.

Bellow are pictures of  this EINHELL BT-BC 10E which I did repair, and also pictures of my measurements, after testing it in three conditions.

a) normal charge of a semi-charged small battery / 300mA current.
b) Powering an 12V  15W  lamp  =  1.4A load
c) Open cables / No load

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Mastahh

Re: EINHELL BT-BC 10E 12V Battery Charger Repair / Oscilloscope measurements
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
Hi, i have the same Charger and yesterday it stopped working. After turning on, the indicator is dropping to 0.
And if i try to measure V by tester it shows only 9.7V :(

Did you have same problem with it?

Oleg

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
Hi,  this was an item of a customer of my,  charger came in dead and I did repair it.
Usual cause of damage this is charger cables touched together even for a fraction of a second (of time).

This charger using (very harsh) pulsing technology, power quality this is poor even when this working.
Electronic components over small PCB they are responsible for pulses generation.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Mastahh

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »
What car charger you can recommend and which is also can charge AGM batteries?

In case I cannot repair Einhell.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »
I can not suggest  any specific  brand and model, because some of them (fully automated with special desulfate program)  they all tremendously overpriced  horse shit.
No one of them answered my request for a product review sample, so me to have a chance to verify by using Oscilloscope their magic pulsing abilities. 

I made a power-supply this adjustable 0-30V with adjustable  0-5A (current limiter), metal box with two panel meters.
PCB this is actually a KIT from old Greek electronics company ( this is not in the market any more).

But if you find such similar circuit as KIT from another electronic KIT brand in your own country, then you may proceed making you own Power supply & perfect charger.  ;)
For my motorcycle I do limit charging current to 700mA, Or I can set  14.4V at 3A for 60 Minutes = Fast charge   

Mastahh

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 06:26:24 AM »
Do you remember what wrong was with Einhell charger?
I have at the moment problem that after torning on ampermeter drops to 0. and gives less than 1A to car battery.

If i connect battery bypassing Tiristor then it games ~2A as it should be. So i'm not sure is it bad tiristor or dead controll board :(

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
Do you remember what wrong was with Einhell charger?

For service tips feel free to contact Einhell.
Thank you.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »
For people interested for charge control circuitry with out trickle charge, they are good news.

By a regular copper transformer (plus diodes for DC etc) you may use this circuit bellow.
Description: 5A Constant voltage, Constant current module, both adjustable.
Alternative description:  5A DC Buck Converter CC/CV 12v 5v 24V car Solar Battery Charger LED Drive w/ PWM
Alternative description:  4.5-30V to 5V 9V 12V 24V DC Converter Constant Current Solar Battery Charger PWM

Check on eBay ... this goes around 5 EUR

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix