!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Bosch MMD 302 an ancient multimeter painted with Green color  (Read 8212 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
In 2013 Bosch thought to promote their Bosch Workshop pack of tools, this is dedicated for automotive diagnosis.
Among the offered products is this Bosch MMD 302 multimeter which seems definably to be OEM work from Asia.

While this multimeter it does have a product design that belong to 1990,  there is no available crucial information about it specification of display update speed.

In the past 10 years this it has become a habit of many vendors, anything worthless as multimeter they baptize it as automotive multimeter.
Naturally there is exceptions, when the multimeter including functions dedicated to car engine measurements.

While it is not my intention to bash Bosch, if some one ever end up in this topic, he should be aware that this MMD 302   it is a budget made multimeter, and as such, this is not recommended for electronics or industrial electrical applications.

No matter of how big fun you are of Bosch tools?  In our times 2010 ~ 2015  the description of multimeter it did changed regarding content, now we have superior multimeter which them are now rocket fast, safer, and even able for advanced measurements which some of them previously was possible only by an oscilloscope.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline giavra

Re: Bosch MMD 302 an ancient multimeter painted with Green color
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:49:54 PM »
All mighty bosch,thank you kyriakos

Offline giavra

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
I think it is sad thing that one manufacturer as Bosch try to steal the job from the proper manufactures for this part of the market.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »
In our days this is not a Bosch - Germany brand.

This company moved their 90% of production in China, therefore this is a modern OEM Bosch - China branding which has nothing to do with moral values.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

rotnei

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »
Hello everyone! I have one of these Bosch mmd 302  to fix, but without an electrical schematic I canot find the correct value of the Vr3 resistor. He was lost and only the terminals remained. Thanks on advance if anyone has one and can look at the value of the resistor. Below is the image of the position of the missing component.

rotnei

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:12 PM »
Find only this options : Attachments and other options

Notify me of replies.
    Return to this topic.
    Don't use smileys.

Using firefox

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
This entire board has different settings from all others.
I did Fix it ... now you can post attachments. 

rotnei

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:14:50 PM »
Thanks Kiriakos, I edit the post above with the image.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
I never have the chance to see such a meter internals.
I was hope this to be another Mastech  PCB clone ...  But this is different.

Which function this not functioning due this damaged pot ?

rotnei

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »
AC / DC voltage and capacitance read but no longer have correct over read adjustment. Continuity (beep), resistance, frequency, RPM and current strength are OK.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
rotnei,

I have few ideas of my own, about suggesting to you .... trying few random values of pots and see which works best.
But more appropriate way this is you to contact Bosch, and ask their help and to test their after sales support ability.  :)

Did you request schematic by them yet ?  If not try it and let me know tomorrow or when you will have news.

rotnei

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »
The circuit configuration its a simple divider, from 10k to 100kOhm works, but I not trust on the device consumption and stability at all. Again, thanks for the help.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix