!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: HIOKI DT4281 / DT4282 multimeter Firmware Update (Review - Presentation)  (Read 90 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Thanks to HIOKI European sales subsidiary in Frankfurt and headquarters in Japan, I did receive a file of recent firmware for DT4282.

Speaking of software Firmware process this is totally automated as expected, but text this is in Japanese (HIOKI DMM Version up)
I did manage to get several pictures as proof of my update.

All DT4281 / DT4282 multimeter owners, they have the obligation to register they product at HIOKI website.
By doing so they become owners of MyHIOKI personal account, and due this account they get awareness if there is any firmware update for them.

Bloggers life this is different, product samples serial codes, most to all times they get rejected regarding product registration.

My older Firmware revision this was 1.02 therefore up to latest 1.12 dozens of changes has be made.

First change which I spotted and I do happily welcome, this is that when the meter gets to Power save mode ( APS ),  APS text this staying on screen and by pressing of any soft button the meter wake up.

Older Firmware behavior was to turn OFF the meter and LCD, and only chance to awake the meter was moving range switch to OFF position and turn it On again.
This was a terrible idea speaking of productivity, because if test leads were used for current measurements, they should be totally removed from the meter, because they was blocking safety mechanism this serving as aid against wrong insertion of test leads in voltage or current mode.

Therefore HIOKI it did solve most irritating problem by a firmware update!  8)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
All New changes which latest firmware introduce, they are documented and available to read at Newest Revision of DT4282 User manual.

Newest Revision of DT4282 User manual
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.