!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: Fluke CNX PC3000 / SW3000 software update 1.0.0.17 available for download  (Read 7947 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
If you have recently acquired an Fluke CNX3000 industrial system with the PC USB stick wireless module, your software version on CD it is very likely to be the 1.0.0.16

At the Fluke website there is a more recent one (11 February 2013)
http://download.fluke.com/software/DMM/cnx_3000_series_wireless_system/sw300_software/FlukeCNX_SW3000_SEInstall_10017.EXE

Improvements
a) Software start up is instant ( old version = 6 seconds delay)
b) Graph section bug fixed,  the graph range up or down correctly when the multimeter auto range too.

Tip : Pairing the multimeter with the PC module needs the Multimeter to be set as Slave unit.
By Default works as master unit,  in order to activate the slave mode you need to press the Radio Icon and after to power up the meter.

By doing so you will see on the LCD the word MOD, the DMM is ready to be detected and transfer data which you are able to see in the software and record as graph in a time window of 42 seconds which constantly updates.
It does not makes sense to me why Fluke did that in their software and it is unable to record a complete data log session from start to finish? 
Why some one to care to save a picture of a 42 seconds in duration as graph ?

Probably it is best to visit the Fluke page from time to time so to discover and other updates by checking the More info section of the product page. 

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/accessories/wireless-accessories/cnx-pc3000-pc-adapter.htm?PID=74917

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

fgarcia

Hi,

I have just purchased this device and software. TO my surprise I don't know how to save ASCII files from data, do you know workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Francisco

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I have the Fluke CNX 3000 set for a review, but did not tested it yet about to download collected data by those probes.
The pictures that I am presenting here is just screen shots (hand made work).   :)

I like to believe that the file format will be .CSV  not ASCII.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

fgarcia

Thank you for this replay.

Well even .csv is ok! I can get the picture too, but this is useless when one want to do any analysis of the data recorded.
If you get the way to do, please let me know.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I did some quick tests and I did found few things.

1) The SW3000 software started crashing my computer.
Solution: the latest FTDI driver   CDM 2.08.30 WHQL Certified  http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

2) You need to verify that the Com Port of the dongle is not shared with any other device ( Even if windows do that).

3) The log file it is a CSV and I am attaching one sample of 1Min duration ( sampling every 1 second) 220V Mains.

fgarcia

Hi,

Thanks a lot!, but I didn't find the program to run the data taking. I have installed the driver, but I need the program, my system is Windows 7 x64.

Francisco

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
The main software is the Fluke CNX_SW3000_SEInstall_10017.EXE

Due this console you click on its one detected modules and at this point you will see at the right on your screen all the available options.
This software it does have x64bit support, therefore the Win 7 is should be no problem.

Practical steps.
1) Install latest Fluke software
2) Install latest  FTDI driver   CDM 2.08.30
3) Reboot ( yes reboot)
4) plug in your Fluke USB communication stick
5) Start the fluke software
6) Press button detect communication device.
7)  USB stick gets detected as device with a serial com port 1 ? 2? 3? 4?
8 ) Automatically starts seeking wireless devices.
9) Makes a listing of all of them.
10) Then there is additional options for its one at the right side of your screen.

fgarcia

Hi,

This I have done already, but I cannot save data in a csv file.

Cheers,
Francisco

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
By activating the log download -> the software ask from you a download location.
You just select a folder ( make one as "Fluke data" in you C: HDD), then the software makes a new folder named by the current date ( as name) and saves in it the CSV file.

It is all automated.  :)

Beware... select on the module to log for a minute, and stop it manually by pressing LOG again so to record some data.

fgarcia

Ok! I got it.....
When I click download it says:
Data download is not supported by this module
Therefore I come to the forum, because we have the same hardware and in my case it complains.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.