!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: My very first Rework flux by KINGBO RMA-218 / Japan  (Read 6469 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
My very first Rework flux by KINGBO RMA-218 / Japan
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
In the world of the ones who have master the job of rework/reflow/reballing, this product is considered as good enough, or better said as acceptable for high quality soldering.

Now its time to find out even by self how it measure up against common soldering cream, so to create my very own impression about it.

IPA it does dissolve it.
I guess that all that I need to evaluate is activation temperature and drying time.

(If you are resident of the state of Colifomia you better not buy it )  ;D
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Astroplio

Re: My very first Rework flux by KINGBO RMA-218 / Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
Really makes you wonder if they misspell in purpose...
I mean come on, spell checking software runs everywhere these days, no more excuses.

So what are you planning to do with this much flux?
I've been very busy with work and haven't had the time to "keep current" -- to reference the Amp Hour show  ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:30 PM »
So what are you planning to do with this much flux?

I will just wait for a new rework opportunity to arrive so to use it.
Before three days repaired one IR motion sensor, re-soldered the IC with hot air and even replaced this RE200B infrared NICERA.

This flux it supposed that is great performer but is not liquid, you need a small brush so to apply it.
This came as gift today from a local friend who does rework jobs, and even trading such equipment of 1500 - 3000 EUR.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 02:19:43 AM »
According to testimonies of other people, this KINGBO product it is best staying refrigerated when is not in frequent use.
It is best to keep a portion in a syringe so to serve you in small jobs.

KINGBO RMA-218 which exposed to heat due hot climate or hot working environment started getting a dark yellowish color after several months, even in this condition it is chemically good for use, but it texture changes slightly and makes it harder to fill the syringe with it.

I am keeping my constantly refrigerated, therefore its safe.  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix