!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: My very first Differential Probe, PINTEK PD-50 50MHz 6.5KV (pictures)  (Read 6645 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Just got on eBay one PD-50 (50MHz 6.5KV) used with no cables listed for 350$ and it have a chance for a best offer.
The long story in short I did get it for 120EUR ( 160$ Shipped).  8)

Originaly I was just a breath away from getting an DP-25 as new, but at the last second I did made the discovery that DP-25 it does fall short in measuring RMS volts in a three phase system.

Those high Peak to Peak specifications, they can mislead you if you do not pay attention.

For example in this PD-50 it is easy to understand that at this X200 is going to serve those 380V RMS, and when is at X100 it serves nicely our 220V Mains.
For the higher ranges I do not have use for them right now, but it is good to have for electronics HV measurements.  ;)   ( TFT screens and Back-light inverters with 1900V start-up voltage, and down to 900V at normal operation)

When arrives, there will be further tests and a quick presentation of it.  :)

http://www.pintek.com.tw/product_detail/landersound/index.php?Product_SN=19266&PHPSESSID=2dmf8ndr553ihno9dtlie7vt24&Company_SN=6002&Product_Site_Classify_SN=17072
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
My PD-50 arrived yesterday (16 April 2014).

I did one in depth inspection regarding accuracy and internal parts, everything is perfect and PCB is shiny as new.
No sign of moisture inside, no oxidized battery contacts, banana & BNC plugs as new.
Even so I will speculate that it true age is about eight years old.

I did buy for it several test leads accessories and a case, and the set is almost complete, what is missing are one reliable set of pincer test clips capable for 2400V RMS, which is the true max input voltage of that probe. 

Technically the probe measured 224V RMS compared to FLUKE 28II which measured 227V, in these probes their accuracy is not that tight (or better said) as high as in expensive multimeter, but I am very satisfied as is. 

All that I can say is that I am extremely happy, by a rough sum of 180 EUR I did fulfilled my last need regarding test and measurement equipment for my workbench.

Enjoy the pictures.  :) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Set No2

The last image is just the probe with out test leads attached, so to get one idea of it internal noise.
I believe that noise less than 1mV it is called as whisper.  ;D

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
It seems that PINTEK forgot to add some rubber feet to it.
The bottom surface of this tool as is, it is not protected against scratches, and also it does feel a bit slipery over the bench.

I had to improvise by adding to it two rubber feet of 2mm (in height) at the lower end, and another two silicon feet of 4mm (in height) at the top end.

The result of my work is perfect, and I do recomend this solution to any one who owns one.  ;)

trevwhite

Re: My very first Differential Probe, PINTEK PD-50 50MHz 6.5KV (pictures)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »
Hi

I was just wondering how you are getting on with this probe? Do you use it much still? Any problems?

Trev

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
Hi Trev,

The probe is in great shape and due it Max HV limit potential I do not expect to ever get damaged, especialy  when my most demanding application is just 380V RMS  (1200V pp). 

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »

trevwhite

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
Hi  Kiriakos

Thanks for the response, good to know you are still happy with it and thanks for website. I shall enjoy reading through the posts and hopefully contribute a bit back.

Trev

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix