!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: DER EE DE-10ALS AC Line Splitter, Dual Range x1 x10 15A AC 250V  (Read 9065 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
In my last shopping therapy  ;D  I found an Ebay seller in Taiwan, and I did jump on some goodies.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143902133553?hash=item21813c4d31

1) DEREE DE-10ALS AC Line Splitter ( Seller added simple adapters too)

Extra Input adapters
2) WA-9-10A-250V-Wonpro ( as input plug with ground pin & schuko plug)
3) WA-9C-10A-250V-Wonpro ( as input plug with ground pin but just as additional mechanical support)

Output adapter
4) SKROSS Europe schuko plug to USA
5) 2x  NEMA 5-15P ( so to add cable of my taste)

The great part is the ability of Dual Range x1 x10 plus the total compatibility with European schuko plug and regular 2 pin plugs from every side of the AC Line Splitter. 
I wanted the best solutions out there as AC adapters, and I did closed my eyes regarding the total cost. ;D

Lots of pictures for your information.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: DER EE DE-10ALS AC Line Splitter, Dual Range x1 x10 15A AC 250V
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:43 PM »
More.. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
My DE-10ALS arrived and most of the above parts.

Here is a picture of the carton plate with the complete instructions. 

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
It seems that I forgot to add in this topic the final picture of my AC Line separator setup.  ;)
Either way now this is well tested too, for about two years time.
Definably I did a good choice of parts back then, but I have to admit that I am always very gentle and careful when working with all my tools.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 11:34:46 AM »
Line splitters, this is one inexpensive but a very useful tool.
But if you have higher expectations as is using them with an oscilloscope and a relative current probe, you need to be aware all times, which side is Line and which one is Neutral.

Because at AC load testing, you also expect your differential voltage probe this to be in phase with the current probe.   
The new target this is voltage along current curve, both to be at zero phase shift with a resistive load.
Exactly as is presented in electrical theory.

At DC power
we use the words as polarity inspection, at AC power when this is to be reviewed and measured by one Oscilloscope, we are now obligated us perform phase-shift inspection instead.

At one workshop the map of what is Line this starts from the wall plug (source), if there is any VARIAC in the way, then it output socket this should be mapped too.

At my lab I have also one active AC voltage stabilizer (voltage source), this now it should also be mapped.

Last in the chain this is my humble line splitter.
All line splitters with identical exterior design with DE-10ALS they are easy to open and its easy to review it internals.
In most of them any wires color code this does not translate to anything.
Neutral and GND wires they are equal to jumper connections, and the factory uses whatever cable color they do have in stock.

I did read recently a German article in which the technician was wonder of what is best wire routing for the GND?
Speaking of wiring correctness, only if you decide to use this splitter with Line wire as mapped, then you should bother of the rest details too.

In my case I did complete mapping of my electrical sources, and then I did select GND wire to be routed along neutral (within the splitter housing).
But this is not enough, as I was had to add more visual indicators which these will remind me of where is the right spot to clamp on the probe (always in Line wire), no matter if the splitter this is reversed or not.

You are not obligated to follow my path of actions, if what you have this is a regular clamp-on meter.

Now for the hunters of correctness (AC/DC current probe for Oscilloscope), I did take some photographs for a better illustration of my workaround.   

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 02:51:26 PM »
Voltage and current wave forms now both appear crystal clear at your oscilloscope.  8)
Only electricians who own an oscilloscope will engage with the term of phase-shift inspection, and these are very few.  ;)

Keep Walking Johnnie Walker, you are at the correct path!

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix