!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Fluke CNX 3000 HVAC Wireless series got discontinued due their ZigBee radios  (Read 4867 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
It is known that Fluke CNX 3000 HVAC Wireless series them discontinued by Fluke and it is now replaced by Fluke connect product series.

But I was not aware that their ZigBee radios them was the only reason so them to be discontinued.

ZigBee radios while them having less lag time at sending and receiving, and a much lower battery consumption, and also double distance range than regular Bluetooth radios,  Fluke abandoned  ZigBee radios ( special industrial protocol from among portable devices communication) in favor of the popularity of regular Bluetooth platform.

I think that such a weird decision this making sense only to FLUKE marketing department, it does not make sense to a regular mind, this sacrifice of one superior radios technology, and the use of technology with lesser in quality characteristics just for profitability purposes.

To all owners of Fluke CNX 3000 HVAC Wireless series, and especially them working in industrial applications,  my advice this is keep using your CNX tools and be happy for them.  ;)

http://www.fluke.com/fluke
/uken/products/fluke-connect-faq#cnx

https://fccid.io/MSIP-CRM-FLK-FWCS

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/zigbee/zigbee.php   

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
After me getting informed about ZigBee radios technology highlights, I did get motivated to test the range of my own CNX industrial kit.

I am aware that all modules and DMM them have their transmitter & antenna at the back.
Therefore if you expect maximum working range at  max distance, its one wireless module it must be positioned in the way that the back side of the module this is turned at the direction of CNX 3000 multimeter.

Or alternatively if such wireless modules them are installed in a close cabinet, them should be placed  in the way that LCD display this facing the interior of the cabinet.

My testing of V3000 (voltage module) at open space  line-of-sight, this worked up to 50 meters distance (164 ft). 8)

In conclusion,
ZigBee radios and correct wireless modules placement, this it does help CNX tools so them to deliver much more range compared to regular Bluetooth.

As gift to my readers , I am offering one label which I just made for my own CNX 3000 DMM,  this is about helping you at remembering how to activate most needed functions. ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix