!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: Upcoming Mini Review of ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load 0-30V at ITTSB Blog  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load - Unboxing
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 10:19:13 PM »
My very own ZPB30A1 110W DC Load arrived today after 48 days of waiting.

I am happy about the arrival and I did all ready many tests and I have lots tips to share, but for now just enjoy the Unboxing … My first impression this is that ZPB30A1 regarding dimensions this is not something large.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load - Fan QC issue CHAOJINGYIN CJY 12V 60x60x25
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »
After getting ZPB30A1 110W in my hands, I wanted to discover all details of DC motor fan which this came with, but my close up inspection revealed a serious QC issue.
Over the motor blades (rotor magnet) was attached one metallic pin, this be 13 millimeters long (1.3 centimeter). 
I did remove the fan for further inspection, and my pictures’ speaks by them self’s.
Material this is by 99% part of one sewing pin.
It makes you wonder how this thing passed ZHIYU QC test and got a PASS sticker.

Luckily for me, I discovered the issue prior powering up the circuitry.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
CHAOJINGYIN Electronic CJY 12V 0.20A 60x60x25 (DC fan spesifications)
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 10:55:25 PM »
CHAOJINGYIN Electronic, LTD.  This is a ghost brand at mainland China, in simple words this is simply a label.

True name of factory made this CJY 12V 0.20A 60x60x25 this is unknown.
Practically and this ZHIYU asshole this is also anonymous with out contacts email.

When you do marketing, and mention DELTA or NMB Technologies Corporation DC fans, you have to deliver them....
CJY 12V 60x60x25 worth qty of three for 1$ US.

DC Fan specifications CJY 12V 0.20A 60x60x25 Delivered by ITTSB blog due visual inspection and electrical measurements.

Operating voltage: 5V - 13.8V
Fan type : single bearing  ( dual bearing translates to identical thickness of axle at both ends,  Good example this Sanyo Denki pictured bellow) 

Operating current labelled as : 0.20A  = 200mA  = (Actual at 12.0V)  =  218mA

RPM at 12V = 6650
RPM at 13.8V = 7400

Number of blades: Seven
DC fan weight: 52 grams

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load - Electrical specifications (Power supply)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 12:10:20 AM »
ZPB30A1 DC load this includes input voltage (Power supply) monitor, this able to activate Alarm condition.

According to ITTSB Blog electrical measurements, safe input voltage range this is 10.8V ~ 13.80V ( 13.92V this triggers upper alarm condition "Err6" ).

While average current consumption at idle this measured at 62mA, at self test and power up, Max current consumption this is varying according to input voltage.
Max current DC fan at full speed:
12.0V = 382mA
12.8V = 400mA
13.5V = 420mA
13.8V = 450mA     

It does not require much of imagination to understand that stabilized 13.8V power supply this is required ... if you expect to get highest performance from DC cooling fan. 

EXFET Power MOSFET
IRFP260N
Data Sheet - IRFP260N

60W version this using IRFP150N
Data Sheet - IRFP150N

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ZPB30A1 60W VS 110W model - complete performance chart by ITTSB Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 04:11:09 AM »
The long waited complete performance chart by ITTSB Blog this is ready for all to view and share it with the world.  8)

110W model it does deliver a higher performance than 60Watt version.
My applications are many:
1) 12V battery testing ( ups  batteries evaluation ) this can be served well .
2) 24V (a pair of two 12V) batteries  they are not stressed enough by this 110W load, but capacity measurement this is going to be accurate and useful.

Therefore and for the money,  ZPB30A1 110W model this is theoretically a good option.

In a later time I am going to deliver content relative to real stress tests, so to verify if limits set in firmware, these are what this DC load it can truly deliver. ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ZHIYU ZPB30A1 110W DC Load Review & Tests (due quality data logging setup)
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 01:45:21 AM »
Here are my results after electrical evaluation and temperatures evaluation of ZPB30A1 110W.

Two major points of interest were charted down by the help of several advanced multimeter and quality software for data logging.
Two U1272A loaded with Bluetooth transmitters’ these sends consumption measurement and temperature measurement to windows PC this loaded with Bluetooth 4.0 module, and all values recorded simultaneously.
Only such advanced Data logging setup it can deliver by highest detail measurements which their analysis deliver answers in the eyes of an expert.

Regarding circuit power consumption among with cooling fan consumption,  while total consumption this is not extreme,  when we need to act as to be electronics engineers that we have to make a choice about power supply sizing,  we need to take in to consideration DC motor inrush current and heat generated by the power supply at specific load.
My own quick answer and suggestion this is 1250mA (named value - wall plug block) DC stabilized at 12V or 12.6V

Regarding temperature related details, 110W DC load this close example to 110W incandescent light bulb. 
Therefore this is not a toy and generated heat at full load this is significant.
As is shown at the charts, dangerous temperatures for the human body them created at heatsink body at first 60 seconds of operation.
DC fan control circuit this is designed to turn off when temperature this is at 50C.
50 Celsius this is safe temperature for Mosfet but not for your hands.
When this DC load operates at full power and as soon operation task this is completed, it is safe to touch the heatsink after a minimum of 15 minutes of inactivity (cooling down period).

In conclusion, according to electrical performance tests which I did, this 110W DC load it does deliver 111.5 Watt at highest voltage setting 25 Volts.
Therefore named specifications’ they are true and sincere.

Regarding product assembly I did discover several issues regarding careless job.
Mosfet screw was not properly tightened and thermal compound was not installed with care.
DC motor came with a long metal pin (attached to motor magnet).
Solder wire residues found under the PCB which I had to remove for safety reasons.

My advice to any one whom care for details and long term reliability, this is you inspecting thoroughly entire product, prior using it.
Inspect entire PCB regarding soldering quality, tighten screws, remove cooling fan for a basic inspection.

ZHIYU informs that this product should be used by a trained individual, and inspections which I did, these are obligations of a trained individual.

While I am now very happy about what my New DC load can do (performance and features), first small disappointment, this is that I am now aware that it is not possible so me to replace common cathode LED red digits with similar at blue color because these have tree times higher consumption and also require higher working voltage.

Project which I am currently engaged with, this is improving stock heatsink and DC fan, and to add this DC load in to a metallic enclosure.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ZPB30A1 110W & NEW professional grade prototype enclosure - Made in Greece
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 01:22:04 AM »
Gentlemen and Kids  8)  I am happy to report that at the pages bellow you will admire pictures of my work at making an truly professional grade prototype enclosure for ZPB30A1 110W constant current DC load.

I did take this mission tremendously seriously, and what you are going to watch they are steps which was planed with much of thought and study.

ZPB30A1 110W regarding cooling solution this is average, and this 60x60x25 DC fan waken in me memories from the times that I was playing with Pentium Slot-1 CPU, and back them we was looking for magic air cooling solutions and best one was Alpha (Japan) P3125.

Today my experiences by been one ancient Over-clock-er ( Pushing high CPU cycles above default but with safety) nowadays helped me to predict best air flow path so this 110W load to work happily even as enclosed in to metallic box. 

Therefore here are details of this new adventure of my, and be aware that steps bellow they are not easy to replicate, but the glory belongs to the one who are not afraid to try. ;)

Part 1  ....  Title: Wiring details.   :)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
MITSUMI SR296 T2AH250V Switching power supply with ADJ 11~13V
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
Part 2  ....  Title: Wise power supply selection.

MITSUMI SR296 T2AH250V Switching power supply this belong in the era of 2009, but still this is a superior Switching power supply with:
a) ADJ 11~13V
b)  Noise Free
c)  Made in Japan.
d)  12V rail this is 1.8A.

By setting it at 13V now this will become an truly reliable power source for my new project.  8)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Part 3  ....  Title:  Parts installed in to enclosure ( Inner view ) 

By the amount of pictures posted bellow, I do not think that is required further explaining my choices due text.  ;)

Mitsumi switching power supply it did deliver 12.999 V DC when pot adjusted at max output, and everything gets powered by 13V.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Continued...  Part 3  ....  Title:  Parts installed in to enclosure ( Inner view )

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.