!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

• 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: HSC8 6-4 End Sleeves Tool - Crimping ferrules
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »
Another (envelope) unboxing today  8)
One unique tool that mostly industrial electricians using in their work.

HSC8 6-4 End Sleeves Tool 

Arrived totally dry from lubrication, I did a bath to it with SAE 90. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Sneak peek of ITTSB Blog Variac transformer case !!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
This is a true sneak peek  8)   because I did first major step and this is attaching 5mm thick aluminum plate over the box.
I did measurements and drilling of holes with extreme caution, and now there is a face-plate so me to work with.

Metal box this is superb regarding inner design, when specialized tools these arrive from Germany, face-plate will get a special treatment.
In my plans it is metal box this to be painted black.

Personally I feel now thousands times less stressed, because I had the chance to drill this aluminum and to find out, of what is it true composition.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »
Today I had the arrival of last and significant piece of my puzzle.  :)

I am impressed of what Chinese industry deliver for 1/3 of the price of what you get from International brands them also using China as manufacturing base. 
The product LW28-20/3 ( GB14048.5 ) this is 7.5KW  15A  AC-23 = inductive loads
Comes with certification.

I am going to use it about switching between two connectivity modes of VARIAC Transformer. 
Mode 1:  0 ~ 230V  = LINE connection 
Mode 2:  0 ~270V =  BOOST connection 

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Only place for me having my own Shopping Therapy  ---- This is the hardware store ;)

There is the proper way for Cutting a Square Hole in an Electrical Enclosure

But highest secret this is the quality of masking tape it self,  it must be 100% glue residue Free, and it must be perfectly flat.
I am always using TESA 4435 outdoor UV, and I am 100% satisfied !

I did the mistake to order Blue tape from Ebay - China, and I got a plain garbage which costed me 5 EUR and it is close to unusable ( (it is not glue residue free) .  >:(
Today I did manage to find the real thing and I am extremely happy.  8)

Offline giorgos

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »

I am impressed of what Chinese industry deliver for 1/3 of the price of what you get from International brands them also using China as manufacturing base. 

I am going to use it about switching between two connectivity modes of VARIAC Transformer. 

These international brands are ussually demands some quality production standards when they are choosing China for production (e.g. Apple , Sony Philips etc) Conversely purely chinese brands doesnt follow these standards, thats why the lower cost and many times low reliability.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

These international brands are usually demands some quality production standards when they are choosing China for production (e.g. Apple , Sony Philips etc) Conversely purely Chinese brands doesnt follow these standards, thats why the lower cost and many times low reliability.

I am very close to support the contrary in 2017,  China does not need paying for re-branded goods when their own production this is certified and tested according to domestic and international quality standards.

Additionally I will say that such specific products they do not aim consumers households, in such items for industrial use any product selection this is made from electrician engineers.
Regarding longevity (life cycle) not all electrical circuits are made for frequent manual control.
Specific product (switch ) this comes with supplied documentation this predicting life cycle at full power load and frequency of daily use.

In the end of the day, I did my selection by shopping for the appropriate item this able to handle one specific application, by me taking the time to select the appropriate item.
They are others (electrician installers)  shopping industrial parts and be careless, and live by the hope that what ever they will order, this will be able to sustain crazy overloads and unlimited misuse.

Now because distance this is long ( China to Greece ) all that I am possibly missing this is product warranty in the event that this part suffering from production error issue.
I did my own inspection by measuring contacts resistance and I did not find any fault.

WEB site
http://www.glele.com/Product_show.aspx?cateID=1&id=168

Product PDF in English
http://www.glele.com/common/godownloads.ashx?id=168

Panel mount switch technical parameters ( AC-23 AC-22 AC-3) IEC 60947-3
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1252.0

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »
I can now assume that all major parts for this upcoming project they are landed in Greece.  :)

Feel free to see detailed Panel meters unboxing topic.  http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1270.0

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »
They are still a few less significant bits that did not arrived at my mail box yet.
But sooner or later they will.   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
Gentlemen  8) with huge pride I am presenting pictures of what a real professional brush this can do regarding scuff marks removal.
This is 120 Grit and I am after classic aluminum surface ( clean - But not polished to mirror finish ).

This is my Before / After test, and the outcome this is amazing.    ;D

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Ready for the next level  ;) 

Drilling holes and parts installation.   

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.