!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: New product design spotted: Kelvin clips for battery analyzer  (Read 71 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Kelvin clips this is necessary for low resistance measurements.
Most popular application for Kelvin clips this is battery analyzers, them able to measure from few milliohm up to few ohms.

This year one maker in Taiwan he came by this product design ( picture bellow).
I am posting this information purely for people like me, that we love to stay informed of new product ideas and of latest engineering.   ;)

Specific Kelvin Clips cable this is designed to operate with handheld analyzer.
Possibly and because cable length this is longer than 40 Centimeter, product designers add to it an extra (guard/earth) cable.

Very recently I become aware that at Kelvin Clips harness with shielding, their guard/earth point this is not an actual Earth ground connection.
There is no actual connection of guard/earth point this be over the equipment  with true Earth ground at metallic chassis.
Therefore such a guard/earth point at Kelvin clips harness, this serves in cooperation with inner product shields them be at the measuring circuit.
Practically all inputs of four Kelvin wires they are isolated from its other and all of them also isolated from Earth ground.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.