!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: PAC 12 AC/DC clamp probe Chauvin Arnoux, searching for service manual.  (Read 7235 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The PAC 12 from Chauvin Arnoux is a AC/DC clamp probe with BNC plug.

Even if the clamp works nicely, when I requested the help of the Greek authorized reseller about sending the clamp for a local calibration test, he told me that the clamp must be shipped to France, and just the insured shipping with courier service will cost me at the end  the price of the clamp as this to was New. 

I can not hide it, that this answer destroyed my positive feelings about the specific brand name. 

My second thought was to ask a direct question about the functionality of the three multi-turn potentiometers on the PCB, so to be able to adjust it by my self if I ever need it.

I did send emails to the company in France and USA , but never got an anwer.
If some one haves the info and likes to share it, please do so.
Thanks.   

ps: On the Internet it is almost easy to find the User manual with the specifications,
I have that, I need the service manual or just the info about those multi-turn potentiometers.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: PAC 12 AC/DC clamp probe Chauvin Arnoux, searching for service manual.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »
One fresh find is that Gossen Metrawatt  have also this product in their line since 1999, them called it as Z213B DC/AC Current Sensor.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
July 31 2019 and here comes another update.

Chauvin Arnoux removed PAC12 AC/DC clamp probe from their products portfolio, but this is half truth.
PAC12 it got replaced by PAC17, that is a PAC12 with addition of  Micro USB port for getting powered by 5V standard mains power pack.

It is sad that this 1KHz - 10KHz PAC12 clamp this did not upgraded to handle with respected accuracy the bandwidth of 100KHz.
Instead of significant product design renewal Chauvin Arnoux  did a cheap trick, and this is marketing PAC17 as this to be 30KHz  clamp, when true operating bandwidth with minimal error this is no more than 10KHz.

https://catalog.chauvin-arnoux.com/fr_en/produits/chauvin-arnoux/current-clamps-and-sensors/pac-series-ac-dc-clamps

https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=499.0

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix