!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: HUGE FAIL Duracell AAA premature battery leakage set in danger gift Mini Maglite  (Read 2881 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
HUGE FAIL Duracell AAA premature leakage set in danger my gift ( I had to push it out by a drill bit) Expiration MAR 2017

Long story in short, one of two Duracell AAA started premature leakage, battery slightly expanded and slightly corroded inner tube of this Mini Maglite.
I am not big fun of light torches, but this was a gift and I do care about it health.

While first battery cell came out right away, the second did not.
By removing top cover of  light switch assembly,  there are two tiny holes at it sides ( they look like half moon).
I did use a micro screwdriver and gently push down just a bit from its side.
I did feel a tiny battery cell movement..
Then with a 10mm drill bit I did push with out tapping by any hammer (just force at pushing down) by the end of drill bit over the light switch assembly.

The battery slowly started sliding / moving in the cylinder and eventually it came out.
I did thoroughly clean the tube from glue and slight corrosion by using WD40 and other cleaning agents.

Today my gift this is again in top condition.

Leaked Duracell AAA = Made in USA

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix