!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: DEN-ON (Japan) SC-5000A desoldering gun officially EOL (End Of Life) since 2011  (Read 6001 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is one of the sad stories by my taste.
I do hate to throw away tools of some high value just because some decision maker in DEN-ON Japan thought that by eliminating the spare parts for the older model, the company will make some extra money by selling their latest SC-7000 (Model of 2011).

The part that failed in this SC-5000A is the rubber piston, which is the hart of a tiny pump.

This tool arrived in my hands at 1997, and to be honest never found it to be a true performer as desoldering gun.
Even so it did helped few times but mostly because I shown extra patience regarding handling it.

I am writing this topic as information for other SC-5000A owners.
I did a significant effort to contact almost eight resellers of DEN-ON worldwide in my research for spare parts, and even the company in Japan.

My thought was the possibility of finding somewhere stock of this spare part.

I did receive two answers from Europe and one from USA by reporting back no stock of parts.
And the company in Japan replied: This product is EOL, we can send you a quote for the latest SC7000 if you are interested.

Personally I have stopped making experiments which worth 700$ retail (SC-5000A).

I am attaching two pictures as last memories from it.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix