!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UNI-T UT601 Capacitance Meter & poor input protection = Not repairable  (Read 4336 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
One new friend of my owner of one workshop who does motor winding repairs, gave me his new UNI-T UT601 Capacitance Meter so me to inspect.
The meter was two weeks old when this was used by another inexperienced helper who tried to measure a motor start up capacitor when this was still charged.

UT601  it is supposed to be fussed by 315mA fast fuse, but this one was undamaged.

The problem is that UNI-T silently changed the design of UT601 by using in their latest version SMT components instead of thru hole.
But this is the half true as I found on the internet proofs demonstrating that even the first revision of UT601 neither this was protected by the input protection.

An Russian friend even dedicate some time to chart-down IC location and type over this meter.

In my case I just manage to repair the signal generator at this UT601 but I did failed too at finding all the chain of damaged components.
And what discouraged me from insisting to spend more time that two hours at fixing it, is the low price of this thing as new.

For new buyers thinking to buy one I will say.... Be aware that this meter is not really protected at capacitance measuring inputs.

If you have it all ready? THEN replace the inner fuse with 100mA FF and hope for the best.

If you have a damaged one and  seeking a repair tip?  There is no any, keep using it only about measuring resistors and continuity.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix