!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: CEME solenoid resistance - damaged part able to fool dmm but not my LCR meter  (Read 3491 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
CEME solenoid this is common ground as brass solenoid valve in several Ironing Machines with internal mini Boiler for constant steam.

I found one damaged CEME 688 ( 17VA ) 13mm inside a PHILIPS GC 8220.
But several brands using it too: STIRELA, Tefal, Rowenta and possibly many more, and possibly all are made in just one factory in China.

Recommended old school advice this is to use your multimeter and measure the coil.
New problem this is that CEME website and products PDF does not mention coil resistance and neither coil inductance.
Therefore according to CEME policy, I must thrown in the toiled my meters and I should pay 20 EUR to a fortune teller for getting a prediction.

Now that I make it clear that engineers at CEME that they are idiots,  I will continue with my story.
I did measure over CEME 688, 1.4K Ohm resistance with my dmm, and not with just one but three (triple confirmation), but while the measurement seems valid this is not.
This solenoid it is a dead stick and it was not able to fool the LCR meter which this measured just 4.3H when other references about similar coils these mention 25H.   

Now if my customer him accepts total cost of repair, then I am going to order a new solenoid and due actual measurements (resistance/inductance) I will collect data and I will post them here, as assistance to other lost souls, them still using just a multimeter in our days.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Good news for our readers ( measurements of a new part)  :)
Bad news for my customer (friend), copper housed valve this is also destroyed, and now this must be also replaced.

Lesson learned from this adventure : Always get new coil and specific mechanical valve.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix