!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: Wanted WINDOWS PC USB-Bluetooth module for U1177A (IR)-to-Bluetooth Adapter  (Read 190 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
U1177A (IR)-to-Bluetooth Adapter this designed to have connectivity with Bluetooth 4.0 Android phones.
When it comes to PC connectivity it is required one USB-Bluetooth module this also compatible to Bluetooth 4.0.

Unfortunately and even up to date, most to all USB-Bluetooth module they require software support by the operating system (windows) or by its one module manufacturer.
The Bluetooth driver stack in some modules requiring purchase of  third party software,  and in some other cases there is free Bluetooth driver stack at the size of 100MB.

Speaking of hardware selection, this is the tricky part.
Only if you buy and test such a PC USB-Bluetooth module you can verify compatibility with Agilent-Keysight  PC software logger. 

Basically such hardware suggestions/recommendations  they should come from Agilent-Keysight, (IR)-to-Bluetooth Adapter it is their product, and what they did was to skip research of recommended solutions for wireless connectivity with windows PC.

Therefore feel free to add in this topic any solutions of  PC USB-Bluetooth module and of Bluetooth driver stack , which both worked for you.

All Agilent-Keysight Android APP has stopped be developed, significant issues are not getting fixed, practically Android APP they are limited in usage tools.
Therefore wireless PC connectivity with compatible modules this is an area to be rediscovered regarding solutions by us the end users. 

Personally I did have good success by using instead  Serial - Bluetooth module,  but this is not the most cost effective solution.

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1159.0
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I did some extra research,  Broadcom bcm20702 this is one candidate for this application,  and another one could be CSR8510™ Bluetooth chip.

Recently Broadcom posted one new announcement in their page :  Windows drivers for Broadcom Bluetooth devices are no longer posted here. They should be available through Microsoft's Windows Update service.
https://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth

Regarding CSR8510 I do not see any drivers available either in their website
http://www.csr.com/products/bluetooth-smart-csr101x-product-family
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline PeterJohn48115

• job title: Engineer
Hi...i am a new user here. I have one query with me here. Has ypu been able to upgrade their firmware using the bluetooth adapter? I can get the logging s/w working on both the PC and my phone, and can connect to the bluetooth adapter via putty, set commands, etc. But I can't get the actual firmware s/w to load. It just doesn't seem to communicate.
I've tried just about every combination of baud rate in the meter, bluetooth adapter, and the win7 comm port configuration. The "connection" light stays solid for about a second when I try to connect, then goes back to blinking. The upgrade s/w never reports finding the device. It acts like it's connecting, them disconnecting due to a data exchange problem. Strange that the logging s/w is fine.
I tried resetting both the meter and the bluetooth adapter, and only ran the ATL2 command to adjust the speed (which seems to work according to ATI1). New batteries, etc. adapter in both setup and on mode.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Hi Peter,

Lets clarify few things.

1) U1177A this includes security code for connection to Android devices

2) I do not have any problem connecting  U1177A with my Samsung Galaxy SM-G900F ( as soon security code entered at New Bluetooth device registration panel).
You should do this once.

3) I have also manage to connect  U1177A with Keysight software due Bluetooth to Serial port module ( LM technologies ) pairing of modules this is made manually due LM Technologies configuration software,  as soon pairing this is completed ( security code and all) , then those two modules they are connecting automatically as soon they are both powered on.
This type of connection of two very specific modules this is like a marriage, I have three U1177A but only the paired one will work with the specific ( LM technologies ) Bluetooth to serial adapter.
This is Bluetooth 2.1, this does not support multiple BT connections. 

In summary...  with out a proper stack this offering BT code pairing, any basic AT command set, will not help much for establishing communication.
I am no programmer , I do not know to write script for AT command set.

I hope my explanations to helped a bit your query.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2016 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.