!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Micro Shear cutters Xuron 9200 VS Knipex 7861125 ESD  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Micro Shear cutters Xuron 9200 VS Knipex 7861125 ESD
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »
Xuron 9200
Knipex 7861125 ESD
Cheap generic (made in Taiwan) 

Possibly the pictures below it will give you a clue of what to expect when selecting Micro Shear cutters.
Since 10 July 2010 I own those branded cutters, and up to date I have no complains. 
Especially by the Xuron which hide a small secret, you can actually adjust their tension between the blades by a master screw.
I got my 9200 as used from USA, but there is a UK supplier for them too.
http://www.heamar.co.uk/cutters-pliers/41781-tapered-head-micro-shear.html

About the Knipex there is not much to say, they have a limitation about their jaw opening, and regarding price, there is no chance getting them lower than 24EUR shipped in your door.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: Micro Shear cutters Xuron 9200 VS Knipex 7861125 ESD
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
Nice tools, my micro-cutters that I use currently, is (common in market)  Piergiacommi brand.
I have started my tools upgrade from heavy dyty cutters/pliers ;) (there is a related older post).
A point that we have to take care, if we use ESD tools, is to keep them away from high voltages, as they rather have not  insulation (their handles are made from a resistive material).

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
Those tools are specifically for electronics, therefore I am aware that they are light-artillery regarding high voltages.

The vast majority of equipment which would arrive for repair in the hands of a maintenance electrician they are dead and safe.  ;D
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
I had hear a motto which saids that , the main feature of a good cutter is that if you force it too much, it will never deforms its cutting edges, it will just break them...

But my opinion about this is "dont try it at home" ;D

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
Basically the true test about all those cutters is the piano chords which are made by the hardest steel,  not all cutters are capable for such work, therefore the manufacturer presents up front the potentials of its tool by mentioning the appropriate diameter and metal composition that its tool can handle.

I got fooled once to try to cut one tiny wire which was acting as antenna inside a cordless Base of a phone instead De-sorldering it, and I did made a small damage in one of my Huron cutters.
The damage in the blade is truly small because I was use just a bit of force.

It looks that I got over stainless steel instead a cooper wire with nickel plating.

giorgos

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
If you are looking for quality in mini pliers/cutters check this company http://www.lindstromtools.com/index.php
Sweeden has tradition in quality steel products.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »
I have ban this brand from my potential choices, because they over appreciate the value of their branding.

As we use to say in Greece... they have climb over the broom stick and they flying around.
Their latest idea to justify the price of 80EUR for a simple cutter is to baptize it as avionics cutter.

giorgos

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »
So I think that they adressed to a very limited  "audition" far from financial reallity...
"avionics price" I would said ;D

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »
Yes this is their reality.

Because in the true world as for example eBay,  some one offer six of them as used for 30EUR in total, and no one gets that excited about them.  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix