!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Unboxing - TIME ELECTRONICS UK – 1051 Resistance Box  (Read 7135 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Unboxing - TIME ELECTRONICS UK – 1051 Resistance Box
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:11:25 AM »
I wish to thanks TIME ELECTRONICS UK for their offering of 1052 Resistance Box (product sample) in my Blog.
A precision low ohm resistance box designed for general laboratory work including platinum resistance thermometry.

Product web-link: http://www.timeelectronics.com/decade-boxes/1051-8-decade-resistance-box/

1051 Resistance Box this is among TE latest product line.
ITTSB Blog this is proud to present Unboxing photographs so all consumers to get a real taste of what their money will buy (speaking of exterior product design and look).

Definably this is an impressive product and prior getting this in my hands, stock photographs was unable to demonstrate the actual size of this box.
Therefore some of our photograph’s were intentionally taken so they to demonstrate a size comparison with a full size handheld meter.

Other than product Unboxing I did get in the temptation to run some quick tests.
I did use HIOKI DT4282 that is an 60.000 counts meter (Made in Japan), one of the fastest ones of our times and with a very respectable accuracy specification of:
60.000 Ω ±0.3% rdg. ±20 dgt
600.00 Ω ±0.03% rdg. ±10 dgt
6.0000 kΩ ±0.03% rdg. ±2 dgt.
600.00 kΩ ±0.03% rdg. ±2 dgt
6.0000 MΩ ±0.15% rdg. ±4 dg

Now while 1051 Resistance Decade Box this has less tight accuracy regarding specifications, in my quick test it did shown an impressive performance.

Now I am going to use the word impressive for a third time and next reason this is it builds and materials quality.
This is a very robust metallic box, resistor values selector this is due rotating wheels.
Personally I am familiar with such switch selector, at my youth I was using a PLL synthesizer part of FM broadcast transmitter, but this was a tiny version in contrast of what it is used at 1051 Resistance Decade Box. :)

In conclusion this product it is designed for use by grownups and for important applications.
It is somewhat pricey solution but unquestionably  there is a huge distance from it and economy resistance boxes them circulating from no-name sources, and their fragile plastics and untested calibration are all questionable topics.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Unboxing - TIME ELECTRONICS UK – 1051 Resistance Box
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
Low Ohm tests ...
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Unboxing - TIME ELECTRONICS UK – 1051 Resistance Box
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:19:17 AM »
Test at various values.     8)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix