!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: Announcement: GW Instek GDS-2102A oscilloscope purchase, March 14/2013 ITTSB.EU  (Read 36399 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Another thing that I need to learn is how to adjust the time & date,
the scope is curently set for Taiwan.  ;D ;D

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
The new dedicated page of the GDS-2102A at ITTSB main site is now available to visit, there is some nice pictures of important details about the Oscilloscope and the accessories.

Regarding the accessories I would expect and one USB cable and actually the longest possible in length,  it is identical of what is used in printers, and so I do have many in stock.

Link..
http://www.ittsb.eu/GW%20Instek%20GDS-2102A%20MSO.html 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This a second video regarding the GDS-2102A Oscilloscope with Boot-Up & Test signals Demo.
I had to set the camera with manual settings in all aspects, the video quality got up to 92% which is great.  8)

Watch it at HD at full screen   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
What happens when you register your product to GW ?
Nothing, no music no fireworks...  ;D
But I did managed to copy this screen shot as souvenir. 

By the way there is a new page on ITTSB dedicated to GDS-2000A PC software.
http://www.ittsb.eu/Freewave3.html

And another special page will be there in 48 hours.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This new ITTSB page is dedicated to all the fresh GW oscilloscope owners,
Kiriakos offer some personal ideas & sugestions of how to make your life easyer.

http://www.ittsb.eu/first_time_oscilloscope_owner.html 

The truth is that I become very overentusiastic by getting my new scope,
but I think that this normal and in a way expected. 

I did allot of personal work to setup the GDS-2102A page on ITTSB and now that is perfect,
I can finally relax, and get back in my hands the sheduled multimeter reviews.

Thank you for your soft touch over my solder all those days, I do apresiate it.  :)

marmad

Hi Kiriakos,

Perhaps you can take 15 minutes at some point and measure the real wfrm/s at the various timebase settings (and memory settings) - as I did for the Rigol DS2000 series? I've attached a snapshot of the Rigol Excel file here to show you what I mean. I'm very curious what the rates will be - and I imagine so are many prospective buyers who are waiting to decide whether to purchase the scope or not. As more and more manufacturers start releasing these faster update DPOs, it's important that we, the test equipment customers, keep double-checking their claims.

In the meantime, enjoy your new DSO - I know how much fun it is!  :)

Mark

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Hi marmad,

Currently with all the work that I did about making those videos & special page at ITTSB about this scope, plus the GDS-2000A PC software presentation, I am currently two weeks back on my scheduled reviews, and this is bad news for me.  :) 

Thanks for posting a copy of your collected data.
The published video regarding the testing of DS2000 It did not helped me regarding the understanding of the steps that I need to follow.
If you are up to the idea to give me a hand, send me a direct email.

marmad

No problem, Kiriakos. I will send you an email - it's very easy to do - as long as you have a function generator (1MHz sine or square wave is good) and a frequency counter (or another DSO that has a counter).

And, of course, no rush - I know how it is to be backed up with work  ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu

grego

One quick question friend which is driving all of us crazy.  Is there a fine vertical resolution setting?  Most scopes allow you to make large changes or fine changes to the vertical resolution separately but the manual on this scope is unclear.

Basically when you turn the vertical knob what is the increment that it goes in?  And does it increment faster if you turn the knob faster, or the same rate?  The manual mentions increments of 1, 2 and 5 so just trying to figure it out.  Maybe some video of a sample signal with you fiddling with various knobs?

Thanks,
Greg

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2016 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.