!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

Author Topic: Announcement: GW Instek GDS-2102A oscilloscope purchase, March 14/2013 ITTSB.EU  (Read 36397 times)

grego

He is in California and I am about 2000 miles away in Illinois.  :)

Regardless the computing power is likely there and it's a software not a hardware function so no reason it wouldn't be possible. They are already adding a vernier/fine vertical adjustment to the firmware roadmap.  That's the big advantage of soft keys. They can relatively easily add functionality. It's one reason why the Agilent is more "cluttered" from a button perspective. They don't have soft keys down the side of the screen. Only along the bottom.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Thanks for the info Greg regarding the vernier/fine vertical adjustment addition in their firmware road map.

I will add one idea too, for their Hardware road-map.  :)

Made in Greece and hand made,  with a total cost up to 14 Euros,
plus two hours of work regarding measurements and stitching by a professional,
my GDS-2102A now has an GW Instek compatible soft cover.   ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Today I will post a picture with the first public comment of GW Intek on FaceBook,
about my dedicated page at ITTSB about this scope.
I shared the link at 8, April.

They did like it very much and their comment worth to me more than a million Euros.   :) 8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
It starts to feel good been a GW Instek customer, I got an email today from Taiwan about completing one customer satisfaction survey.

I bet that they will find my point of view as revolutionary :)
my inspiration level was at it peak when I was answering those questions.  LOL

grego

I got the new firmware release notes from InstekUSA. 

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I was ready to clap my hands about the DVM App, but I did not find it.
But I did notice that this scope has 64MB for file storage.  :)
And that the menus for those FG 1 & 2 options they are now in place. 

Thanks Greg.

grego

Yeah I asked how we get to the DVM app or if it's an add-on module (similar to the Agilent).

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
If there is an add-on module I am not getting it, my multimeters they will start a strike if I do so.  ;D ;D

grego

Based on other scopes that have it it's just a gimmick - it would never replace a DMM it's just one of those "nice-to-haves" on the screen while you're working.  If its not built in I'm not getting it either, no need.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Well my afterthought after my experience regarding measuring frequency at the range of 200mV or less,
is that if this DVM app is capable for Min/Max/Average measurements, it will start to look as interesting.
Due the fact that in those conditions even the best DMM they run out of fuel as frequency counters.

If GW pop out of their sleeve an 500,000 counts DVM, Agilent and Rigol will loose their color. ;)

Yesterday I did adjusted my first signal generator which came as kit at 90s, it has three inner pots for shine waveform adjustment, which I was had adjusted by using my ears all those years.
Today I am having a party time because of that. 

My Philips - Fluke FG is a rock solid performer but it needs 20 min warmup.   :)

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2016 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.