!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Windows 7: Office Software Protection Platform Service  (Read 2091 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Windows 7: Office Software Protection Platform Service
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:03:22 AM »
I do own Ms Office 2010 retail pack = three licenses.

I did notice at my Event Log that Office Software Protection Platform Service, this to activate over and over with out  any obvious reason.
I did notice too, windows software protection service this to activate with out any obvious reason.

I did decide to write few words about both:
Security-SPP service
Office Software Protection Platform Service

All on-line solutions these proposing us to disable these services they are equal to trash.
Either MS Office and or Windows operating system, will activate protection software, which will start nag that our software this is not genuine any more.

While there is no permanent fix, there is a windows setting which this promises to minimize the activity of both services.

For Windows 7: Actions center \Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center \ maintenance   --> troubleshooting system maintenance -->  Text Link = Change troubleshooting settings ...

The shortest windows path to navigate:  Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Change settings

At the new window, you can uncheck the first setting, as this also appears at the screenshot below.
In theory Windows gets the message to not monitor any more your system that aggressively as it did before.

From a technical point of view, the real problem this is activation due false triggering of both windows services.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix