!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: HY510 Thermal paste for LED Lights and Electronics repair  (Read 2629 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Its a period of time, that even a electronics repair lab, this is forced to keep it bills down about chemical consumables.

The new topic, this is pricing of thermal paste for electronics and LED lights repair.
My new choice this is to start using HY-510 thermal paste, from Shenzhen Halnziye Electronics Co. Ltd

I did order two syringe of 30grm its one, for 4.5 Euro shipped, delivery this might take few weeks.

Originally I did find first information's about the product, from people testing it at CPU cooling.Most
Most test results agree of good performance VS top dogs of thermal paste.

Shenzhen Halnziye Electronics Co. Ltd  this did very poor products marketing so far.
The expert due internet search, he will discover that Halnziye - China,  this imports Silicone oil  from SinEtsu Japan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HY500 Series / HY-510 thermal paste
This is recommended as ideal .... for LED medium power lights. 

HY500 grey thermal grease are good cost effective version.
Good performance for LED&Solar products&home appliances etc.
HY510 1.93W/m-k

CE certification since 2018
The brand started activity at 2009
It mention Lenovo & AVC & Cooler master as their customers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison of chemical products this never was easy to do.
In the positive side of thinks, HY500 Series this is designed to serve LED cooling, along transistors and MOSFET and of many more components.

I did find two LED 30W spot lights, which I did succeed to repair, now I have a surface of 19x7.5 centimeter which this must be filled with thermal paste.  :P
Quantity of thermal paste for filling this is  almost equal for twenty CPU, and this is as such because aluminum housing along LED heat-sink they more imperfect that usual CPU + cooler base.

Since the moment that Silicone oil  this if from SinEtsu Japan, my doubts of product longevity issues they are now eliminated.

My first conclusion.

HY-510 this did not succeed to be a disappointment at CPU cooling, because the company using Non-Chinese and expert partners about their materials import.
Few years ago I did research so to get large quantity of paste directly from SinEtsu Japan, unfortunately their European partners they was having a totally unreasonable pricing.

If I succeed using Halnziye - China as middle man, so to receive  SinEtsu Japan silicon oil (quality product that is not drying), at acceptable pricing, then this is a major benefit.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Re: HY510 Thermal paste for LED Lights and Electronics repair
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 07:31:28 AM »
I did a collection of blog links, of products that Kiriakos did previously presented.

Regular white thermal paste ( this is totally undocumented no-name)  :)
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1298.0

And as High-End the ProlimaTech PK-2 Thermal Compound 
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1717.0

I did a quick review of Shenzhen Halnziye (web site), their web-designer probably does not have enough skills for a proper products presentation.
In the positive side of things, the brand is familiar of AS5 thermal paste, and this was their older target as quality standard, about new products development.

I did also spotted only HY530 at 1.0 Kg  and Halnziye mentions in writing -> two years specification stability.
I can only assume that this is about product in storage specification according to production date.

Halnziye (web site) this using tiny products pictures.
But much more information can be extracted due the section Downloads from their documents, if you do have a significant amount of patience.  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 08:23:03 AM »
For now I have to worry about two things.

a) Shipping time
b) If I have be cheated by selecting the price point of ... Approximately EUR 1.89

Shenzhen Halnziye ... changed their storage syringe shape at about 2016.
At my eBay order, the listing this demonstrates the oldest syringe.

Also at about 2020, Shenzhen Halnziye ... changed their label appearance over the syringe too.

My order this is about Model: HY510-TU20Q
Weight: Approx. 30g
Thermal Conductivity Coefficient: >1.93W / MK
Thermal Resistance: <0.225
Operating Temperature Range: -30~280℃

(Even so eBay listing photographs these are older).

While my order this appears now shipped, I am after to contact the seller, for the discovery of production date.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 09:07:46 AM »
WTF is going on with these products description?    :P

At all HY 5xx series product packaging, there is the text: EXECUTIVE STANDARD  Q/HYTG 001-2017
According to my brain-cells, this must to translate at some sort of finalized chemical composition in use.

And as such, then were is printed the production date?   

Edit.....

Gentlemen there is and  a 2nd Label..
And you do not know what is the information on it, until product arrival.

I hope my seller on eBay, to be cooperative so I to find the truth sooner.   :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know that there is FAKE HY510 in China ?
OMG only in China some one will dare to make FAKES of economy thermal paste.  ;D
Last photograph.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 11:40:18 AM »
Oh no ... I got scammed  :P

25 days of waiting, and I did receive a FAKE product.
Now I am in battle with the eBay seller..

The labeling: HEATSINK COMPOUND
On top another label : CPU 9773A  ?
Some sort of production date ... 023 / 4 /30  and or 30/04/2023

Just for the sake of sanity, I did send a message at Shenzhen Halnziye official website, so and them to verify, if this is a authentic product or not.

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 09:31:43 PM »
Just for the sake of sanity, I did send a message at Shenzhen Halnziye official website, so and them to verify, if this is a authentic product or not.

Any news ?

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 02:44:12 PM »
Yes I did ask opinions from Linda & Tim sales persons.
Linda, she told me, this is our label too.
Tim, he told me, this is our NEUTRAL label, when a seller does not wish the official company label.

I told them both that NEUTRAL label this is unacceptable practice for the west world.
The only reason that a seller will require NEUTRAL label, this is because he is planning to overcharge the moron buyer.  

At alibaba, two syringe cost $0.40 its =  0.80 for two.
I paid 3,70 (Greek tax excluded) = three USD profit = minus ebay and shipping fee = 2.5 USD clear profit.

Abut product authenticity, I found a video this demonstrating company logo over the syringe body, and so I did remove all labels of my syringe too.
And YES there is Halnziye logo.

Halnziye told me that the second sticker label (date info) this is added by the seller.

In summary:
I think that Halnziye are not helping their self about proper products marketing.
About me, I did receive Halnziye product from a seller who has aiming to overcharge his victims.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix