!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Soldering tools | Miscellaneous hand tools | Bench top tools > Soldering station, Rework station, relative accessories

Year 2024 what about Solomon SL-30CMC Soldering Station Taiwan / TELE SL30

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: Andrew-88 on February 19, 2024, 06:56:55 PM ---Just spotted another rebrand = Velleman VTSSC30N
Product label indicates PRC  :P

--- End quote ---

This is a true PRC clone made for the American market = CT-936CD
CT-936CD this is a dead horse in the past ten years.
The Taiwanese station does not have C / F  add-on button.    ;)

Kiriakos GR:
When any fancy soldering station fails, I always return back at my Back-up soldering station.

Few years ago I did replace the soldering iron with a genuine hand piece  SL-I (24V 48W).
Back then wanted to also perform a basic temperature calibration, but I did not have any documentation at all.

February 2024, I did communicate with Sorny Roong Industrial CO., Ltd.  Taiwan and I did request if possible to receive instructions.
I did receive instead, their recommendation of me to replace the entire PCB with the latest version.

This motivated me to search and to find of how many PCB versions they are out there.   :)

Today I can count at least three. 
I consider my own SL30 as a lesser troublesome revision regarding calibration.
Due to a lesser number of pots to adjust.

=========================================================
The worst revision has double the count of ADJ pots,  PCB age unknown.

The newest 2018 revision of PCB, this has only two pots for calibration.
If someone has this soldering station, and this is production of 2019 and later, then he might have the latest PCB.

The long story in sort, I am somewhat hesitate to invest money for such an upgrade.
I did mention at the factory, that my current station this seems unable to heat up the soldering tip higher than 370 ~ 380 Celsius.
They did not answer of why, my station appears to have such a limitation.

I did succeed to calibrate my TELE SL-30 with the current soldering iron SL-I (24V 48W)  :)
My only complain is that the cable of the soldering iron, this is a bit stiff ( not any soft silicon feeling to it).

For the purpose of temperature calibration, I did buy locally a new tip (three euro).
I did a choice here, to calibrate the station at the range 190C ~ 340 C (best reading accuracy).
The Master potentiometer ( temperature set), this has a printed scale that its not worth to count on it.
After the calibration, I am now aware that when I do set my station at 220C  the temperature of the tip this is there too  +/- 2C

Now I am getting ready to put back together my SL-30.  8)

Andrew-88:

--- Quote from: Kiriakos GR on February 29, 2024, 12:29:06 PM ---
February 2024, I did communicate with Sorny Roong Industrial CO., Ltd.  Taiwan and I did request if possible to receive instructions.
I did receive instead, their recommendation of me to replace the entire PCB with the latest version.

--- End quote ---

They should deliver in your hands a pile of their new products for a product review.
This is of how they should react.

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: Andrew-88 on February 29, 2024, 10:31:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kiriakos GR on February 29, 2024, 12:29:06 PM ---

--- End quote ---

They should deliver in your hands a pile of their new products for a product review.
This is of how they should react.

--- End quote ---

I do not think that this small factory it is ready to claim the glory of be ODM, they somewhat manage it staying alive as OEM source so far.
But my door this is always open if they decide to change.

overvolt:
Did you succeed calibrating your old SL30?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version