!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Bosch AL60DV NI-CD charger DIY converter for charging TAMIYA 7.2V or other pack  (Read 3614 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
We use to say Think Green but few ideas comes in mind about reusing old items by converting them to something useful. 

Today I am going to present an exclusive Made in Greece  by Kiriakos, a new product design.  8)
This is a DIY converter for charging TAMIYA 7.2V RC battery or 9,6V or 12V  NI-CD packs of RC models.

Bosch AL60DV this is an remarkable True Pulsing charger for Ni-CD and major advantage this is that cells remain cooler at charging duration in comparison to constant current chargers (CC mode).

Pictured Bosch battery this is now an empty box, internal cells came to their end of life, but the box as you can see in the pictures below, it was converted in to a adapter this be compatible to old TAMIYA charging system.

Bosch AL60DV has thermistor sensing capability and if this charger sense that there is no thermistor inside the battery pack, then there is no Go about charging.
Therefore I did kept original thermistor in place,  then I added one cable with TAMIYA 7.2V RC connector, and additionally I did added two spring loaded contact points ( 2mm hole diameter) and this is a voltage measuring point, or alternatively this can be used as another DC volt output, and connection will be made by simply attaching wires.

Personally I am very happy, because very recently I got as gift a used  RC racing speed boat and this came with out charger.
Now I am able to use my Bosch AL60DV for both, and my rechargeable drill and also my boat  ;D ;D

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix