!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: There is no properly manufactured Female banana plug in China at 2019  (Read 3089 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
In the past 20 years I have never see a reliable copy cat from China.
While we have the delusion that a cost effective product this can be a replacement of banana plugs made under European or American quality standards, reality this is much different.

Personally I was have a simple expectation, that I will discover an Asian female binding post which will accepts entire length of a male banana.

I will leave again pictures to do the rest of the talking.
In the positive side of things, I have seen and worst than that regarding product design.
What is questionable at specific factory work, this is the quality of plastic parts (isolator) regarding mechanical stress and temperature limits.

€4.93 EUR for 10 of them it is somewhat reasonable eBay price, but this is the upper limit or what is called reasonable when you trade with China.
When manufacturing cost this is 0.04 EU-Cent per its one.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Second time gambling with eBay, this time about Shrouded 4mm Banana Female Jack  CATII 600V /MAX 19A.

I have some ideas about special projects so to use these but I will have to wait first from their arrival.

Most common use for such female shrouded bananas this is a cable extension, but in order for someone to succeed such a goal,  these plugs they should be tested first for mechanical compatibility with test leads banana plugs offered by HIOKI, FLUKE, BRYMEN, Keysight, DEREE and also with dedicated test lead plugs manufacturers as is as for example MC (Multi-Contact). 

Therefore soon I am going to have a chance for a new mini-test (Review) which will be significantly interesting one. ;)   

As you can see from mechanical drawing, there is one measurement missing, this is thickness of insulation sleeve.
Second detail missing this is quality of the surface of this insulation sleeve.

MC (Multi-Contact) and other factories which they use quality materials as insulator, their plugs they can produced with increased hardness, insulation thickness this is less, surface this is non porous, and sum of these details they do increase compatibility with most to all male Shrouded banana plugs.

Soft Nylon this is easy to melt and to form a product, but maintenance of thickness accuracy at production line, this is not easy to be controlled.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
While I am going to wait for a few weeks (shipping time),  you may have a look of  ITTSB links collection all relative to banana plugs for DIY test leads. 

2013 Best stacking banana plug for T&M projects

Stäubli SLK425-E & L41 MULTILAM Gold plated banana plugs – Mini Review

Quality Test lead wires specifications - Get more understanding about them

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix