!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Good quality - Male BNC plug to 2 x 4mm terminal adaptor (Taiwan)  (Read 3268 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Bellow there is a picture which I composed by my self, and here it is pictured, best quality of Male BNC plug to banana terminals from Asia.

Unfortunately eBay this is now full such parts made by iron and painted with cheap paint.

I do own two of such converters and now I need another two of identical quality.
I have a four-wires measuring equipment with BNC plugs and I am up to using also new cables with banana plugs and compatible Kelvin clips.

Mission: ;)
Four of those converters will aloud connection points for four banana plugs, at their positive marked side.

Warning: I consider cheap fake copies as extreme risk because damage of high-quality female BNC plugs (over the equipment panel) this is expected to happen.
BNC center pin this not machined under any mechanical specification (dimensions standard) this is major enemy.

Unfortunately Taiwanese factory making quality accessories looks as hidden, your only way to identify the good-ones this is due pictures.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Good quality - Male BNC plug to 2 x 4mm terminal adaptor (Taiwan)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:07:34 AM »
Ok !! There is some good news,  Hantek In China distributing this good quality accessory too for their oscilloscopes.

product page :  http://www.hantek.com.cn/en/ProductDetail_15_60.html

Now the tricky part this is that many eBay scammers using Hantek HT311 description but they are selling Made in China version (this worth one single dollar). 

After allot of hunting I managed to succeed a logical deal for the real thing.  8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »
I got cheated , I feel mad because my own work project this will further delay, but at the same time I feel happy, because now I have the opportunity to demonstrate in public close-up pictures of worst quality parts.

Long story sort, these are worst quality banana plug adapter.
Material this is plastic ( cheap plastic as the one used for toys that they do crack on die on impact.
BNC pin this is not properly machined, there is no sharp tip on the pin.
BNC plug  (negative side this gets all the way at female BNC (instrument terminal) this is terribly machined, poor bad made shape.
Both details these are critical, and they can destroy female BNC plugs. 

Real quality banana plug adapter, this has molded (rubberize surface) as external plastic cover.
High voltage similar parts from Pomona brand they have different material ( it could be Bakelite).

Additionally I decided to use HIOKI resistance meter, as another way of spotting  build quality differences.
Now my last word about this topic, this is that major problem with those (FAKE) banana plug adapter this is quality of mechanical construction.
Anything that can cause damage of BNC plugs over an Oscilloscopes and similar high price equipment, this is and must be considered as garbage BNC accessory. 

Replacing BNC plugs over equipment due mechanical damage, this is a costly and time consuming adventure, therefore be careful of your choices.
In my case I got cheated, but I am ready to defend my upcoming eBay case.   

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:23:32 AM »
I have good news, the seller shown honest and refunded me right away.
Now I need again to find another source.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix