!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: April 2 2014 / Lucky bid / SPERRY ET64220 wire tracer  (Read 7154 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
April 2 2014 / Lucky bid / SPERRY ET64220 wire tracer
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »
It is one of those times that you do smile when you get something worthy even as used, and you do feel good about it.

SPERRY ET64220 wire tracer is a product which is available only to American market.
The product designer who made this it does worth congratulations by my opinion.

Other than true adjustable sensitivity regarding the probe, this turtle case design and the significant amount of leads, it does create one complete product solutiont.

From my web search it seems that SPERRY Instruments and their product designs are now property of www.gardnerbender.com which created two other new tools similar to ET64220 (by their own logo) with less test leads options in them.
Therefore are not as complete as this ET64220, but probably they are a bit less bulkier in size too.   

In my case as freelancer, the type of application which I will get involved is not known, therefore I wanted the complete pack regarding connectivity options (test leads).

Thanks to John (electrician) from Aurora Illinois that he accepted shipping it to Greece, I got my chance to bid and Win.

Jason Crowley, Technical Service Rep at GB, also kindly send to me a copy of the users manual, and told me that this product has lifetime limited warranty, if something goes wrong they will replaced it.
I do not think that I will need it, but thanks.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: April 2 2014 / Lucky bid / SPERRY ET64220 wire tracer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
Congratulations! nice tool. I hope you will find it usefull too. Also i am waiting for a mini review ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: April 2 2014 / Lucky bid / SPERRY ET64220 wire tracer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:13:27 PM »
Ok, here is a quick analysis of the output of this generator.  ;)

As the pictures indicate, there is a wave train of square wave pulses.
The second screenshot of the oscilloscope is like a zoom-in compared to the first one, and it is the actual start point of a single pulse.
The third one is the actual square wave.

What is interesting is that this circuit is powered by only 3V ( 2 x AAA batteries), even so it output it is remarkably strong at 17 Volts RMS and double that as peak to peak.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix