!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Dedicated Metalworking jig for aluminum sheet ( drilling holes and jigsaw )  (Read 3194 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Sometimes you do find items that you do not need right away and you do keep them in storage, this happened also here with this wooden construction possibly part of some sort of furniture.
Also this white metal rod it is part that was not needed after a project, but I did keep it for several years.

Nowadays I start thinking about buying some sort of special clamps and most specifically of those looking like guns with triggers, I wanted some help about cutting aluminum and I did not scared by the pricing of 25 to 35 EUR its one.
But by researching deeper I discovered that I was looking at woodworking range of tools, and such clamps are for keeping woods together for glue to dry.

My application is cutting and drilling of aluminum sheet up to respectable size of 5mm. 

YouTube did not gave me any new ideas because searches of  jigsaw table end up to constructions of how to turn jigsaw upside down.

Next step for me was to discover the world of clamps in more depth, and what attracted my attention are those Toggle Clamp design.
This discovery of Toggle Clamp helped me at designing my very own dedicated Metalworking jig for aluminum sheet.

Mission parameters

a) One side of the jig will assist for drilling holes and Countersink & De-burring
b) second side will become a jig for straight lines with a jigsaw

Key factor for success this is total weight of the jig as this is four kilos (metric)
Second Key factor for success, this is true rubber feet ( nor soft - nor hard ) this thing by it weight alone among with the rubber feet its does not move in any direction.

Parts which I did buy those are Toggle Clamps (5 EUR both) and rubber feet, total cost seven EUR.

Speaking of Toggle Clamps and even by selecting the largest model GH-201 I discover that the weak point this support nut, the lower one this can turn loose by vibrations.
My after thought was to add a small piece of spring this helping lower nut staying stable so me to fine adjust required pressure, tightening of top nut this is the last action.

Right now I am extremely proud and satisfied by the sum of potentials that this jig has to offer.
I did not invent the wheel but the all concept this is unique. 

Jig dimensions:  55 x 23 x 7 centimeters 
Jig top and bottom plates thickness: 2 centimeter
Jig (internal) sides support thickness  2 x 3.5 centimeters height
Toggle Clamp can hold work-piece  23 centimeters long.
Metal rod can hold work-piece  37 centimeters long & by a small modification up to 45 centimeters which this is dimension of larger enclosures for electronics projects.

Several pictures bellow will offer to you lots of ideas, so you to use at your own DIY jig.     
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
&
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I am amazed again by my self  ;D ;D ;D

When planing ahead this it does touch perfection (product design), then it is unquestionable that this tool it will work as planed.
Gentlemen about my jig, now I have proofs ( 5mm hard evidence) that this it does deliver 100% performance.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix