!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Jumbo size kelvin clips (precision resistance) for less than 5$ or Euro  (Read 4446 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
With a good resistance meter in your hands, next discovery that you will do this is the freedom about to use several Kelvin clips types with it.

Resistance measurement applications are many and different, and just one pair of Kelvin clips can not do it all.
Best practice this is Kelvin clip actual dimensions this to be compatible with our application.

Personally after using precision resistance meter for a year time, I did manage due practice to discover which Kelvin clips are good for its of my applications.

Overall I do divide my applications in three major categories.
1) Component level measurements' (small diameter)
2) Precision measurements over enclosed components ( banana plugs 6mm exterior diameter).
3) Large diameter screw and busbar  (those could be several centimeter of thickness)

Major problem when Kelvin clips are in use at application this be above their mechanical capabilities ( jaws opening  this is at 65% or more), they become unstable and slippery and you do get mad, simple as that.  ;D

Today for the same reasons that I own significant variety of multimeter test leads, now I also own additional  variety of Kelvin clips.

Bellow they are several images as food for thought.  ;)
I got these Jumbo Kelvin clips from eBay and they were marketed as battery clamps.   

If you are worthy hunters at eBay ... then you may lower down the cost close to 5$ or Euro .. Good hunting  :) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix