!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: New Megger AVO 830 & AVO 835 multimeter -- Quick Review of specifications  (Read 4408 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
After several years of inactivity, Megger brand finally decided to release a fresh handheld multimeter Series that is Megger 800.

My own dive in to product specifications (deep waters) it did created to me several second thoughts.
First crucial information this missing it is about measurements per second update.
Second crucial information this missing it is about measurements per second update at Min-Max-Average

Megger 800 series origin this is Indonesia.

Input banana plugs has unorthodox design speaking of orientation, Voltage input this is at the LEFT side and current inputs are at the RIGHT side, and first impression this is negative.       
From the other hand all these Input banana plugs they are protected by mechanical diaphragm which will not aloud test leads connection if the range switch this is in wrong position.   

Generally speaking while AVO 800 Series it is not poor regarding offered functions (AVO 835), but there is no either any special feature to distinguish it regarding competition within 2018.

Instructions relative to activation and  use of Phase Rotation / Sequence Detection, these seems complicated and not an equivalent of one LED Phase Rotation tester.

Low current input this is fused at 100mA and therefore this seems dedicated for process control ( 4~20 mA).
10A current input this includes ranges of 1A & 10A

At that moment what I am unable to understand, this is the actual class of these products regarding innovation if any.
Pricing in UK compared to pricing in USA this has huge differences,  Megger 800 series seems significantly cheaper in USA.

Megger 800 series Official product Page

I did contact Megger and if they come back to me, I will post an update.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Regarding the measurement update speed of these meters, I did receive one confirmation from tester.co.uk which them contacted Megger brand too.

Reply message this talking about measurement update of four times per second.

At AVO800 User Guide there is an explanation text for SLOW mode, this saying that SLOW mode this reduces measurement update speed at two times per second.
Therefore it sounds reasonable that full speed it could be up to four times.

It is sad that Megger marketing team did not respond directly at my messages these send by email and also at social media.
From the other hand, I think of them as obligated to send at ITTSB Blog a big gift, because it seems that I am the only one whom reads thoroughly their own documents.  :P

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix