!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Soldering tools | Miscellaneous hand tools | Bench top tools > Soldering station, Rework station, relative accessories

ATTEN AT-90DH advanced soldering station, all their secrets in one picture.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
Soldering iron base improvements.   ;)

giorgos:
Congratulations for your new tool. Im sure that you will find it very helpfull for your work.
Also the improvement you have done, with the extra weight on the stand, was very smart and usefull too.
The light weight is a common problem especially in cheap stands, which make the solder stand unstable.
As I see the tips looks like the same with weller for WSP80 , do you have the dimensions (diameter)? If it is same with weller tips, it would be an interesting alternative choice for replacement, because im sure that their cost will smaller than weller's is.
At last i would like to have your opinion about brass( I think) sponges instead classic type. I see that many manufacturers like ERSA, WELLER, have started to use this type of sponges on their solder stands.

Kiriakos GR:
Regarding the tip, I did not measure the diameter so to check compatibility with Weller.
Prior getting this station from Germany, I made one arrangement and ordered two spare ATTEN tip AT-800-0.4S and two copper sponges.

The base that was not identical as pictured, it did made me mad,  and ordered again one dry tip cleaning kit so to get the tiny holder for the sponge. (3.40 EUR)

I would never expect that my first experience with one ATTEN product would destroy my enthusiasm about getting it.

At list it does have the expected power which makes the removal of bad capacitors from a motherboard a matter of seconds.

giorgos:
As you mentioned capacitor removal from motherboard, I have to report that it needs full attention, because the vias on their holes ,are connecting with tracks of internal (invisible) layers of motherboard pcb, so if we try to remove capacitor, we have to take care to dont remove the vias too.
Obviously a good soldering iron with suitable temperature is important if we do jobs like this.

Kiriakos GR:
I did some testing (training session) with a dead motherboard.
Capacitors and Mos-Fet they just lift and run in seconds.   ;D

What I am looking to get as last accessory is some tin tinner, I never did use any, but this iron when it gets above the 400C the tip gets dry,  solder is unable to stay on it.
Therefore I think that I will possibly need one tip tinner for maintenance ?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version