!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: PINTEK BP-266 High Voltage IC Clip & alternative solution the TP-51-X  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
PINTEK BP-266 High Voltage IC Clip & alternative solution the TP-51-X

I could say that I am actually hunting for ten days about discovering a source to purchase one PINTEK BP-266 High Voltage IC Clip (set) in a reasonable price.

I did conduct an in-depth research in all American market and worldwide for locating High Voltage IC Clip equal in specifications with BP-266.

For getting the real thing directly from PINTEK there is an issue of paying additional cost for the cash transfer (bank commission), which makes the sum of expenses much higher than the actual product value.
Received this information thank to Mr. Danny Huang /PINTEK Taiwan.

Other two web shops in countries near Asia are plain bloodsuckers and not worth dealing with them.

And my hunting for the Highest in voltage IC Clip (close to BP-266) ended by locating old stock of the TP-51-X by Hong Kong Texas Co., Ltd.
Mr. Leo Chu confirmed to me that this probe it can handle 2100V RMS ( 6500V pp)

I got passionate find these answers just in case that I will ever need to use PINTEK DP-50 deferential probe at it max potentials of 2100V RMS.

For measurements at 1000V RMS all 1000V CAT III 4mm banana based accessories by their specification are tested in handling 3400V pp, and therefore they do considered as safe.
Their pricing is much lower as the availability of such test accessories is very wide.

In the question of why no one in this planet in 2014 from other differential probe manufacturers does not care offering equivalent HV IC Clip, and instead are offering large insulated alligators?  It makes you wonder about how well they respect their customer’s needs.
Such alligators clips are useless for the 95% of applications. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: PINTEK BP-266 High Voltage IC Clip & alternative solution the TP-51-X
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
Update.. 

Unfortunately TP-51-X  have been replaced as product by another product design which does not comply as BP-266 alternative option,  and also those days there is no old stock of TP-51-X  either, not even on eBay.

Agilent released one accessory pack for their differential probes  N2790-68700, but there is no detailed electrical specifications.
I did ask Agilent about it and in a few days I will probably know the answer.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »
Anyway these test clips are very useful, also more reliable than simple crocodile clips.
The most important point (if you want to make some test cables with them) is to find a suitable flexible wire to combine it with them.

By the way,  with this post I reached the number of 150...

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:03 PM »
It seems that pricing of silicone cables rated to 200 Celsius at a wide range of voltage rating, are now widely available on eBay.

By the way,  with this post I reached the number of 150...
I do feel proud by having contributors of your professional class in ITTSB forum.
Instead of saying congratulations that Kids usually say, I will say: Thank you!

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix