!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UT15C Voltstick by UNI-T, product pictures by Kiriakos - ITTSB  (Read 6274 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Back in 2010 the specific voltstick found to have the best price performance ratio.
I am not using it that often, but when I do it does the job.
What it can be considered as design limitation are actually two details.

1) Regarding voltage measurements it consumes few volts for it own operation, and voltage on screen is always few volts lower than actual.
When measuring low DC voltages you must be aware that 12V is the minimum starting point.

At 12V the displayed digits will fade a bit and the measurement will looks like as 10V.

At 24V the displayed digits will have perfect contrast and the measurement will looks like as 20V.

At 35V the displayed digits will have perfect contrast and the measurement will looks like as 31V.

At 228 ACV it would measure 215 ACV.

2) There is a torch button that is remarkably hard to press by your finger.
Therefore you can use it just for few seconds.

By be aware of how this tool behave you are good to go, this is not a DMM, voltstick is mainly a useful gadget for quick tests, therefore we can not be that demanding.   

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: UT15C Voltstick by UNI-T, product pictures by Kiriakos - ITTSB
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
It is a good gadget for any "first aid toolcase".

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: UT15C Voltstick by UNI-T , product pictures by Kiriakos - ITTSB
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:31:40 AM »
By opening my workshop today and getting inside, a buzzer alarm welcomed me in the room.
It took me five minutes searching in the room so to find the source,  and this was generated by UT15C Volt-stick. 

Two AAA Duracell Plus  with exp date Mar 2017 them found dead and leaking acid.

Unfortunately by replacing batteries this did not helped much,  internal circuitry this measuring continuity this seemed to get activated all by it self.
LED light this not working now at all.
Voltage tester this is working for now.
If I remove batteries completely so to avoid issue with continuity circuit, the buzzer this is not working at voltage-tester mode.   

I did a test at 380V and smokes came out from it,  therefore now I have no choice than to crack open this sucker just to see it internals.  :(
Conclusion This think it is totally unprotected in the occasion of battery leakage ...  

Congratulations to UNI-T for this superb product design.   
ITTSB Blog will Never Ever review such trash as long this is active.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »
As Greeks says, you get that you pay for it  ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
As Greeks says, you get that you pay for it  ;)

This is a different story,  there is no chance to know internal build quality up-front.
And about price, any dirt cheap multimeter retails for 3$  and I paid 23EUR for this. 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix