!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Ansmann AG NiMH: Good for 25 months then death.  (Read 3719 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Ansmann AG NiMH: Good for 25 months then death.
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:29:48 AM »
Total dissatisfaction from those Ansmann NiMH at both flavors like AA Digital 2800 and AAA 1100.

When I got them:
14 January 2010 (AA 2800 Digital)
14 February 2011( AAA 1100)

I was optimistic that I got true high quality batteries that will serve me at list for five years like other rechargeable did in the past. 
Since 2000 I am using exclusively rechargeable NiMH in my five digital cameras and external flash.
I am doing light use, I take pictures of my projects mostly.

The long story sort, those Ansmann NiMH they have very unstable chemistry.
Suddenly one Cell  can loose their charge faster than the other three that work in line, and the device power off.

Thankfully I have the Ansmann energy-Check LCD tester, and I can measure and realize of what is happening.
The damaged battery does not pass the test at all ( Tester shows Error--) , but even so, one common multimeter will measure 1.1V on them. 

The point is that suddenly they loose their inner capacity and they are no longer usable.

All the AA 2800 Digital died in the February 2012. ( warranty 2 years)
And now the 1100 AAA are starting to die too. 

Hopefully I got an significant amount of the latest Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series and I am replacing the Ansmann ones with them.

Generally speaking I have the same symptoms and with the Sanyo AA 2700 ( non Eneloop) also manufactured at 2010. ( From 8 Cells the 4 are still alive) .
But in a less degree than with the Ansmann ones.

Its not a big surprise that today Ansmann have stop the production of the AA 2800 Digital.

From today I am starting to use exclusively the new Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series AAA in my Agilent multimeters, and I am crossing my fingers too.
Only in long term you can tell if your money about rechargeable s was good spend.
Ansmann failed to deliver the promised quality in my eyes at list.

My impression is that something got wrong in the chemistry that those mythical high capacity AA monsters are using.

My advice: get only from the very latest series of rechargeable NiMH and forget the older, even if you find them on discount  !!

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix