!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Oscilloscope screen of Death (Rigol - GW Instek - etc) Repair suggestions  (Read 2955 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Not even one true electronics engineer or troubleshooter would use words as “screen of death “as description of one Oscilloscope which does not boot properly.

Either way, they are two reasons so one Oscilloscope to hang at boot.
First one this is failed firmware update, and activation of second boot loader (emergency boot loader) this is possible with few additional steps.

Second and highly possible reason for all oscilloscopes designed with Soft-On power circuitry, this is their power supply.

Soft-On power circuitry and power supply failure these are bonded meanings from day one.
This is why among my other preferences there is a regular power switch to be in control of all my equipment's’.   
And in case those regular powers switch this missing then I do unplug this equipment from mains when this is not in use.

Workbench Master Power switch this is not new concept.

My advice if you are at this unpleasant situation and your Oscilloscope this does not boot, this is you to purchase one bright new power supply for it.

Yes you need to come in contact with the manufacturer of your Oscilloscope, and if your inquiry fails then you may research further at buying directly from ODM and maker of this power supply in China.

I do assume that pricing and shipping cost would never exceeded sum of 120 Euros even at most unreasonable situation.
Good quality PSU for Oscilloscope they use first grade of electrolytic capacitors, and they are also thoroughly inspected, therefore a reasonable price would be 45~70 Euro plus 20 Euro for shipping.

One good source looking for power supply this is http://www.lytec.com.tw
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix