!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: BRYMEN BM189 clamp meter with 100m Wireless Link 2X LM048 by LM Technologies  (Read 5597 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
My latest project this makes me tremendously proud, this is about me combining BM189 BRYMEN clamp meter and also this BRYMEN BRUA-13X wired USB data logging KIT, with two wireless Bluetooth modules from LM Technologies (UK & China).

The outcome this is the first ever made 100m wireless link for data logging, by this using BRYMEN Handheld multimeter/ clamp on meter.

I did conceive this idea about testing such a combination of equipment at beginning of April 2015.
And at that time I did start my inquiry with LM Technologies, about me receiving an quantity of LM48 & LM58 samples, so me to test my theory.

I did inform LM Technologies Mr. Glen Manning /Business Development Manager, about my project and about the odds about me to fail at succeeding in this specific project.
But LM it did encourage me about to try, and LM UK it did send me samples few months later, when they got additional stock.
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1094.0

Today I did succeed at programming those modules about them using correct RS232 parameters so the BRYMEN USB data logging KIT to operate with them, and additionally I can now verify good success even to the hardware level.
I am currently data logging by the wireless link for two hours up to now (problems free)!!

TIP: To scroll the images click over the first one and then use the right arrow button over your keyboard.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
More pictures...  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Round No2 ...
This time 100m Wireless Link 2X LM058

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
My next testing of LM048 & LM058 modules, this will be about verifying their true range in meters.
LM058 this comes with external SMA antenna of 2 dBi gain.

But I am armed and dangerous  ;D  by having a high quality LINKSYS 7dBi High gain antenna so to play with, and also an generic 9dBi High gain antenna.  ;)

Therefore I am having plenty of combinations to test, and a lot of data to record.

You better bookmark this topic !!    8)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix