!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: DIY alternative of a solder fumes extractor and portable cooler  (Read 7345 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is my DIY alternative of a solder fumes extractor and actually due the smart design of the fan is a three to one tool.
I am using it as:
1) Solder fumes extractor
2) Portable heat sink fan
3) Cooling assistance for Nimh chargers at fast charge.

The fan is a Thermaltake TT-8080T which now days is discontinued.
The base is from one Japanese desoldering pump which the manufacturer discontinued the support regarding spare parts and I throw it away.

There is two Li-ion batteries salvaged from a dead laptop, and I added to them a dedicated Li-ion protection controller.

And even added the option this fan to be powered other than the onboard batteries also with external DC power supply in case that I need 24/24 operation.

I did buy this amazing fan almost at the time that it got discontinued in 2010, it was new sealed and in a bargain price (eBay), my thought was to use it in a project which I did cancel it later on.

The benefits of a blower fan compared to a regular are the strict directional air flow, which brings in mind the saying: Aim and shoot.
There is no better fan design for sending air from a sideway direction over a heat sink or an electronic part which is somewhere in the center of one heavily populated PCB.

The fan by it self offers three speed control options, manual adjust, full speed, thermal sensor control.
I am using manually adjust or the thermal sensor when charging batteries by placing the sensor between two Nimh cells.

Thermaltake XB Pro (  A2215 )
80x80x80mm
7V to 12V, Max 1A
RPM 2000 – 4000
Air pressure: 5.71 / 10.17mmH2O
Max. Air flow:  21.58CFM

You may build something similar by many ways, but the specific design is my very own one.
And is not patented yet    ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

Re: DIY alternative of a solder fumes extractor and portable cooler
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
Very nice and usefull project too.
The fume extractor is valuable for our health when we spend many hours in soldering, especially if our room is not ventilated properly.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: DIY alternative of a solder fumes extractor and portable cooler
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
This stand has a retail price of 60EUR ( made in Japan), and is not compatible to be used by any soldering iron.
I am very happy mostly for my success at combining all those salvaged parts and creating something useful for a life time.   :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix