!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: My quick comment regarding those Agilent U1270 series DMM & this AC-DC bug  (Read 3512 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Very recently (November 2013) Agilent released new firmware updates which actually does not offer any significant changes other than activating by default the LPF filter in DC & AC/DC measurements.

Agilent made one note about the actual conditions of the problem here.
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/editorial.jspx?cc=GR&lc=eng&ckey=811615&nid=-33167.956187.02&id=811615

The described problem is something which possibly can influence the accuracy by always having in mind that those meters comes with very high specifications regarding their accuracy.
And so typically Agilent made it right for once more, and it did notify their customers.

The funny part of this story is the actual descriptions used in the Agilent document named as service note.
Looks like that the Agilent Engineer wrote descriptions as :  POSSIBLE RISK OF HAZARD EXPOSURE... WARNING ....  HAZARD CLASS #2

And possibly he was just following the book of procedures by a very strict manner.   :)

I am not trying to minimize the impressions, or to give the wrong impression of how seriously I am accepting this report.
But the vast majority of young users they will possibly come close to misunderstood the purpose behind this announcement.

This November I did published the HIOKI DT4282 DMM Review, HIOKI made something smarter in this AC/DC measurement , by activating the filter on their meter the minimum usable range becomes the 600V, and by this function HIOKI overcomes possibly limitations regarding high accuracy in DC volts which it could be influenced by a lower voltage range, as it happen in the case of Agilent.

HAZARD CLASS #2 ?   looks fancy but its not equal to code conditions used about the launch of nuclear weapons.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix