!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: BRYMEN public note 2015: EU market space & NEW S marking = fully explained  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Very recently many products of BRYMEN Technology Corporation based in Taiwan, started to distribute in Europe by having among their model description one additional marking which is the S symbol.

This translates for example that the well known BM869 (professional grade multimeter) are now offered as BM869S.

ITTSB in order to assist EU consumers awareness, asked BRYMEN directly regarding this matter.
BRYMEN responded fast to ITTSB request and kindly explained all details.
Please read the dialog below.

ITTSB Blog question:
What I need to ask are relative information’s regarding updated multimeter packaging and products with the S marking. 

Personally I can guess that is changes related to EN61010-1 3rd Edition compliance and this influences few parameters as for example manufacturing process, materials in use, and even test leads manufacturing standards.

But what I have in mind to suggest is if you are interested is to write to me one synopsis regarding these changes which I will present as BRYMEN note due ITTSB to forum members and visitors.

I am suggesting this because currently there is significant curiosity among consumers regarding any visible changes that S marking brings with it, as for example display backlight upgrades’, fuses or other changes.

BRYMEN Technology Corporation answer:

Hello Kiriakos,

You are right. They are related to the compliance to 61010-1 Ed. 3.0 and 61010-2-030 Ed. 1.0, as well as 61010-2-032 Ed. 3.0 and 61010-2-033 Ed. 1.0 depending upon the scope of products.

The main modifications, and thus the cost impacts, are on the use of high-enough voltage rated input resistors & PTCs for 61010-2-033 Ed. 1.0 Clause 4.4.2.101, and/or high-enough ac & dc voltage rated fuses for 61010-2-030 Ed. 1.0 Clause 101.3.2.
I quoted the requirements below for your quick reference.

By the way, for some of our models (e.g. BM869) which originally use 1000V ac & dc rated fuses and higher voltage rated input resistors & PTCs, their s-version models (e.g. BM869s) are basically without any cost increase on their unit prices.

But on some of our lower cost models (e.g. BM805) which use 500V or 600V rated fuses, their s-version models (e.g. BM805s) are with modifications to adopt 1000V ac & dc rated fuses.
Thus their unit prices are with significant increase to reflect the cost.

ITTSB Blog conclusion:

While BRYMEN Technology Corporation answers are very clear and I wish to thank them for offering all relative information's, the message which I received and it does offer to me personally a significant emotional relief is that BM869 was all ready prepared since it beginning about complying with highest standards.
And therefore I do not need to change even a word at my first review of it even today.  8)

Another one detail which probably does no need further explanation by words but I will do mention it, is that recently released models of BRYMEN, as for example the listed ones for a product review within 2015, even by not having and S marking they are manufactured according to to EN61010-1 3rd Edition compliance.

And in conclusion the S marking translates to added corrections to products released up to 2013.
Practically this translates that BM257 is now a BM257S with Fuses & PTC for 1000V instead of 600V, and that the very recently released ones complying to even toughest 3rd Edition compliance.

My message to other professional electricians today would be to aim for BM257S due it offering for even highest protection when working in the industry.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix