!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Multimeter | Clamp meter | Insulation Resistance Tester | Panel Meter | Oscilloscopes | Test leads & Accessories | Software Updates > Panel meters (Analog or Digital) | Energy Usage Meters

100V 10A DSN-VC288 DC Voltmeter Ammeter Review – calibration problems

<< < (2/7) > >>

xavier60:
These meters aren't really that badly built and look rather quaint.
All of the annoying problems are due to unnecessary and poorly written firmware changes.

To prevent the last digit from spontaneously flipping from "0" to "1", they give the range a negative offset in firmware which then results in poor tracking accuracy.

Two arrived from an Aliexpress seller today,

The refresh is 500mS instead of the advertised 300mS. 500mS is much better than 800mS and quite acceptable.
The voltage range has some tracking error.
If I calibrate at 5V, it will display 30.4 when 30V is input.
Although the current range jumps from 0mA to 20mA, the tracking accuracy is good.

Buying "DSN-VC288" meters is now like a lucky dip. You might get something that's acceptable or something with a combination of very slow refresh and bad tracking errors.

Edit: The refresh of these is 2000mS,
 https://www.banggood.com/DC-100V-10A-Mini-Digital-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Voltage-Current-Meter-Tester-With-Blue-Red-Dual-LED-Display-p-1428299.html?rmmds=myorder&ID=513344&cur_warehouse=CN

Kiriakos GR:
I never had too many expectations from just three digits resolution.  :)

But neither I would dare to test the latest 5 1/2 digits (five digits) similar volt meters, by spending my own money in to such an experiment.

DER EE in Taiwan, has also digital panel meters, their quality are not questionable, and you may order directly by paying with PayPal.

xavier60:
Yes, they have the same kind of meter,
https://de.deree.com.tw/de-3150-02-led-panel-meter.html
Even the cutout is the same size.
I can't find the refresh spec yet.

Kiriakos GR:
Just email them ..  :)

aidept:
Hi. First time here, salute you all!
I have a strange version of this product, with NO internal shunt and with a VERY BIG external shunt.
Wonder how low can this device measure the current? Can I measure, let's say, 4 mA?
Or the lowest value is 0.01 A (10 mA?)
Thank you all, fine people here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version