!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: How to identify Fake Maxell coin batteries in 2014  (Read 13364 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
How to identify Fake Maxell coin batteries in 2014
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
Like most of times this story is one of my recent adventures over eBay, I had some good luck over the previews years about getting genuine Maxell products but this has change dramatically nowadays.

Somewhere in 2009 Maxell made some sort of announcement about fakes, but the original text and pictures is not on-line any more.

They had said that customers should check:
a) The appearance: minus plate must have marks of been policed.

b) Battery voltage: The open circuit voltage (OCV) of a new silver oxide battery is between 1.580 and 1.620. The voltages of the fake batteries are between 1.522 and 1.556. Based on this OCV, we can conclude that these are alkaline button batteries.

Today there is further more evidence.
Please check the images below first before offering to your eBay seller any feedback.   

I always give negative feedback in such cases which I do not accept to retract for getting back few dollars.
I would advice you to follow my example.
The plan of these sellers is to make enough cash by cheating so to buy their favorite AUDI car at the price of 40.000 EUR or more and showoff as rich.
The story of the poor man who trying due eBay to feed his family, it is a fairy tale in China of 2014.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix