!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Made in Greece - Portable calibrator stand with onboard PSU with 9V & 12V Output  (Read 4596 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Fate or not, first portable calibrator which I purchase as used for my tests at ITTSB Blog  this is TIME ELECTRONICS LTD - MICRO CAL 1030 Precision analogue voltage current DC source (9-2010).
Product datasheet mentioning an AC power block which I never got, because interesting enough this was optional accessory.

Six years later (10/2016) ITTSB Blog established direct communication with Time Electronics UK (brand) and headquarters.
TE marketing team acknowledged the work of ITTSB Blog over the years and it did offer to me modern samples of their products for a product review.
And this is how one modern 1048 Voltage Current Loop calibrator with digital screen and digital controls is now property of my Blog.

Unfortunately the history repeated it self once more time, AC power block (12VDC) for 1048 calibrator this was again optional.
Due the fact that both calibrators are quite useful in my hands, for some time I was thinking to make then both to operate with DCV power supply instead using batteries.

Few months ago one friend of my, he made me a gift and this is analog blood pressure device of 80s.
By removing the analogue meter from it housing, I made the discovery that 1048 portable calibrator this has exact dimensions!
My next thought was to add on-board power supply this delivering 12V for the 1048 and also 9V for MICRO CAL 1030, so to be able to use both simultaneously.
Hart of the power supply become one regular transformer at 18V AC 700mA. Rectifier Bridge and filter delivers 22V peak which feed LM7812 this mounted over a huge aluminum plate.
Output of LM7812 after a second filter this is delivered to a power plug and also to a LM7809 this act as power supply for MICRO CAL 1030.
While total power supply design this is quite simple, finalizing of this project it required allot of work and time, everything it should fit in the dimensions’ of the specific housing (project box), and I had to do several changes and modifications.

The outcome this is now very impressive and unique as product design worldwide.
They say one picture equals 1000 words, I did add much more than one pictures.
I feel extremely proud about this project, because now long term calibration stability tests are now possible, especially for tests that I am going to do near soon at bench top multimeters.
Within 2019, ITTSB blog will receive several samples for a product review.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix