!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Where is my parcel? Internet tracking not that reliable as you may expect  (Read 75 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
In the past three years I had a minimum of ordering activity due eBay and overseas.

At March 2024,  I did feel the need to look for an measuring device which I did not had.
And this is a soldering tip thermometer along spare sensor, and a few spare soldering tip for my soldering station, and a few soldering iron spare parts.
In this worldwide research for the discovery of the better price, I did include even the market place of Ali Express.   

Due my recent (year 2024) internet tracking of six small orders, I did realize that localized internet tracking systems (the source), these were offline for several days.
And because of that, all generic internet tracking engines, they were unable to update actual parcel location.

First example:
CAINIAO - Ali Express - domestic tracking server this found not updating domestic traffic for five days, while it was delivering updates for parcels which were delivered universally.   

Second example:
PostPlus Netherlands this found not updating domestic traffic for eleven days.
Since actual arrival to Netherlands and 12 days later, the parcel appeared to Greece customs, and at that day it appeared also the tracking information from Netherlands.

In detail:
China to Netherlands = tracked = arrived at the destination county
Netherlands to Greece = server issue no tracking results
Greece customs to final delivery = properly tracked

Brief conclusion,  its a bad idea to blame the postal chain workforce when our digital tracking world this is that fragile.
By the numbers, actual electronic parcel detection this is more prone to fail, in comparison to actual shipping process in which REAL people are engaging with it.

==========================================================================

How you may get clues of actual failure at electronic parcel detection in a specific region?

This is easy to grasp,  when a localized system this finally delivers delayed scan results,  the recorded hour per step of its process this is identical.  ;)
Did you discover tracking  update within Saturday or Sunday?   This is a computer system caused activity. 

==========================================================================

Where is my parcel?

Fortunately or Unfortunately, in our days its usual practice of three postal services getting involved per parcel.
And so a number of Three parcel scan systems involved = three sources expected to deliver the information in sequence which will create at the end,  the recorded entire root of our parcel.

It would be a better approach, all involved shippers to electronically inform with a specific message all search engine, when is a SCAN system down / system in maintenance / or partially OFF LINE.

Note: I would suggest of you performing parcel tracking just once per working day. At afternoon or at night (Local hours).       
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix