!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: The Agilent U1272A at the end of 2012 comes with different box and accessories  (Read 6281 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
For the people who have read my U1272A review and also see my pictures, I have to inform them about the new changes.

The U1272A at the end of 2012 it comes in a smaller carton box, identical to the U1273A.
It is added to it, one printed Quick start Guide (which is a good idea for a such multifunctional meter).

But it was removed the second tests leads set with the fully exposed tips.
Agilent still offer it as optional.
The CAT IV version of test leads is now the new standard in all the U1270 series.

I believe that Agilent did that change in all their multimeters, I found some one complaining at the Agilent forum, that probably he got fewer accessories in the box.

Agilent did not answered directly in the specific topic,  but the Agilent reseller made known this change to the  customer.

What is worth's to be noted is that now days, the new directives about the test leads safety they have been activated world wide, and the meters with exposed leads are in the danger to not qualify as safe.
Due the risk  the all product to be called as unsafe (multimeter + leads), the manufactures are forced to offer the CAT IV version.
It is not about saving money, it is about new rules.

I do believe that this new change will influence also FLUKE, you can not use the AC-72 alligators on CAT-IV test leads
And so I am expecting that they will remove those from the standard set of accessories.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

oh well.....regulations ;)........
As a hobbyist you mostly work with small current and voltage, so I quite understand why the customers are annoyed. Well, as it is aimed at professionals, I can understand the changes.
Gossen has these fancy tips where you can attach a plastic cap for isolation and meet CAT III specifications.
http://www.gossenmetrawatt.com/deutsch/produkte/ks17-one.htm

For low voltage stuff you can clip them off and plug the test leads in 4mm banana-jacks....

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Gossen has these fancy tips where you can attach a plastic cap for isolation and meet CAT III specifications.

Well and Brymen offers great test leads too with a similar design about to attach a plastic cap and even attach a banana lead on the 2mm tip, at their BM869.
But their basic test leads set, are not currently CAT IV.

What I am trying to say is that in the future, no matter the price of the meter, the test leads will comply with CAT IV. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix