!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Fluke 87 problem with GSM  (Read 6815 times)

giorgos

Fluke 87 problem with GSM
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »
I am intesresting to buy a Fluke 87 multimeter but i have a great hesitation caused by the problem with GSM.
 My question is that if Fluke found a solution to fix this failure and if applied it in production line of this model.
Where i have to focus my attention? to seller ? to production date?

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Fluke 87 problem with GSM
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
Fluke has solve the problem in their new Fluke 87-V/E2K/EUR series which is the latest one.
For the first release of 87V there is no quick fix.

You should communicate directly with the authorized seller about finding this detail.
I believe that the 98% (of the second hand ones ) on eBay are the first series, which you should avoid.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »
Sure it is a huge risk to purchase from e bay an instrument like FLUKE 87 especially when you know the possibility for this failure. I will contact with an authorised seller when I will decide to buy it. Thank you very much for your valuable information.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
For electricians the best choice regarding Fluke products is the 28II that is the most superior solution for outdoor.
The 28II is far superior as waterproof and also comes with AA bateries which offer a significant battery life,  but it is a bit bulky.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
Υes this model is very durable ideal for outdoor use , nevertheless my buisness field (Electronics repairs/ alarm systems) doesnt require standars like Fluke 28 has, so I cant afford extra money for extra features useless for me. Also my alternative choices instead Fluke 87, are Fluke 179 and Fluke 233 too, so your opinion about these models would be valuable too.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 07:15:24 PM »
I am sorry but I do not have an opinion regarding the Fluke 179 and Fluke 233 .

If you have come close to 87V as choice, just have in mind that in the cheaper models, you are cutting corners, as for example .. accuracy.

The 28II is drop proof even at three meters. (and even more than that)  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix