!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: MULTIMETER FACOM 711PB  (Read 6732 times)

giorgos

MULTIMETER FACOM 711PB
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
As I was searching a greek electronics forum, I stood in a topic about a fault in a facom multimeter.
http://www.hlektronika.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=69320
I am sure that many mambers here doesnt speek greek , so I have to make a summary about this topic. The point is that someone who have this meter realised functional problems in selector switch. After contact with distributor , he replaced the falty meter with a new one, but soon the same problems appeared in smaller range than the old meter, but there was still excists.
My main speculation about this (as i posted in greek forum too) is that Facom is recognized brant in hand tools but its not enough for been recognized in measuring instruments too. The use of "facom" logo in a meter is just for overpricing purpose i think. Especially a meter with a cost of 250 euros without true rms measuring capability, is at least unacceptable for me.
I would like to hear your opinions about this.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: MULTIMETER FACOM 711PB
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »
I will add the picture of it as help for the international visitors.
It screams that is OEM design and I think that I have visit the web page of the ODM manufacturer before many months ago.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
Well, in the past they used Metrix/Chauvin Arnoux and labeled these, but were more expensive than Metrix....
It could be the C.A. 5220. Too bad, I have used Metrix in School and also have an old Metrix AC/DC Current clamp and these parts were/are good.
I wouldn't buy DMM's or scopes from a tools manufacturer as this is just not their business, so they have to label it somehow.

Offline giavra

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
That is the news. FACOM a France brand name hand tool company came to new channel and produce a multimeter, now the thing is how good is that according the very high price that sell it dis pate the issue that more "electronic" company's have more in this market.Also Bosch the well known German brand have model of DMM.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix