!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

ITTSB Blog Specific > ITTSB - Small projects by Kiriakos & User reviews

RST FG-100 soldering tip thermometer proudly Made in China - Mini Review

(1/4) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
I am now also owner of RST FG-100 thermometer / soldering iron tip temperature tester.  :)
Ali-Express Total: 12.20 € (price includes shipping + 24% VAT)
The seller actually receives 7.43 (in EUR)

============================

I do now feel happy and angry for two separate reasons.

I do feel happy, because I am going to receive latest 9/2023 batch of RST FG-100.
Now I do feel also angry about all these morons at YouTube, which pretend the experts about product originality ...

The major supplier of RST FG-100 , he clearly mention at the listing that this is a Made in China tester. 
Additionally he mention that HAKKO logo this removed from their production since 27.4.2016   

========================================================================
Any new product this is covered with 10 years of protection regarding product design copyright.
HAKKO FG-100 of the year 2006 had product design copyright expiration the year 2016.
But HAKKO brand logo this has permanent Copyrights protection.

The long story in sort, since 2016 HAKKO moved forwards developing fresher revisions of the basic FG-100.
FG-100 product design this left back = this were discontinued. 

Since the year 2016, FG-100 exterior design this can be reproduced by anyone.
Its now obvious that industry of China this developed their own IC thermometer chip (all in one) = modernized version.
And as it should be expected this 100% Made in China thermometer this is sold for domestic market and exports.

Today the text RST this translates to a product this coming from the major Chinese factory.
According my brain-cells, I did decide to demonstrate trust at the major product supplier at Ali-Express.
Ali-Express this is engine of the communist China, and there is not much of freedom of whom will be a major distributor of any product.
Therefore and according to social model of China, the front man with company name lefavor Official Store he is truly connected with the production source of these FG-100 in China.

Additionally this person / company / shop, he is not willing to set on risk their hard earned good reputation.
This also translates that this seller, he has significant gravity as customer of the production factory =  Only grade A products in stock.
Finally and regarding shipping, any order from this shop it would be prioritized much differently = Fast shipping.     

All now sold RST FG-100 they include:
The thermometer plus one Teflon white disc (washer)
Plus 5 pcs of sensor 191-212 (compatible version).

In the positive side of things, PCB soldering quality this has significantly improve since 2018 and later.
Temperature precision of ±3ºC (300 to 600ºC) just for the tester.
Sensor Temperature range 480ºC Max   

Bellow are stock photographs along proofs of my own purchase.
Also I need to confess that I do not have second thoughts of giving my money for a modern made substitute tester of the older HAKKO FG-100.
Because at the end of the day the older real thing, this is made of technology available back in 2006, and this is not any better than the new ...     

overvolt:
Congratulations mate !! 

With this latest addition your lab this is now more complete regarding test gear.  ;)

I did find as interesting your suggestion about the sensor for this tester.
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1871.0

Kiriakos GR:
Back in time the function of Max-Hold at FG-100 it did caused some confusion mostly at the youth.  :)

Some people though of it as equivalent function to Auto Hold, this does automatic measurement hold when maximum measuring temperature this stabilize within a few seconds.
At HAKKO FG-100 and also at RST-FG-100, Max-Hold this is a manually activated function, the most appropriate name for it this is Display Hold of currently measured value.

As is also explained due the image bellow, at basic FG-100 fast pressing of Max-Hold this is measured value refresh.
Long pressing of  Max-Hold  =  Function ON / OFF

Never forget that HAKKO FG-100 this is electronics design of 2006, it is an accurate thermometer with Hold function and no other magic tricks.  :) 
(Later on at year 2019, HAKKO added both of these functions at FG-100B )

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: overvolt on March 26, 2024, 05:49:38 PM ---Congratulations mate !! 

With this latest addition your lab this is now more complete regarding test gear.  ;)

--- End quote ---

This is a fact ..  :)
And I am very pleased to say, that regarding temperature I can do both, measurements along calibration inspection of the measuring tool.

Thanks mate.   

overvolt:
What about the older Hakko 191 thermometer, any thoughts / comments ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version