!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: APC ups SMC1000I / SMC1500I Firmware update & other tips  (Read 5336 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
APC ups SMC1000I / SMC1500I Firmware update & other tips
« on: November 24, 2016, 06:29:49 PM »
I am taking the opportunity in this topic to create a list of my findings regarding SMC1500I inner software world  ;)
This would be an gradually expanding topic regarding content, as much I am discovering that much will be posted.

a) Interesting first find this is that UPS this has active USB port even when this is completely powered off (due front panel controls)

b) Windows identify USB connection by device name of:  HID\VID_051D&PID_0003\8&16C6F354&0&0000

c) APC website has a dedicated page with information relative to ups firmware updates: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/content/?id=FA281865
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: APC ups SMC1000I / SMC1500I Firmware update & other tips
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 01:24:57 AM »
I assume this is a gift from the past 5/2018, that I become aware of it at 2021  ;D

New link too ...  https://www.apc.com/shop/gr/en/products//P-SFSUWIZ421
and
https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA279197/

Smart-UPS Firmware Upgrade Wizard v4.2.1

==========================
Previous Released Version:
==========================
UPS 10.0

Applicable SKUs:
================
SMC 120V SKUs (serial numbers AS1209 and later)
SMC 230V SKUs
SMC 120V TW SKUs

Compatibility:
==============
PCBE 9.1.1
NMC SUMX 6.2.1 (only for TW SKUs.)

Release Notes: (UPS 12.0)
=========================
1.Show 100% state of charge when new battery installed.
2.Improved self-test event logging
3.Add support for SMC TW Skus.
4.Increased upper end of allowed limits for Minimum Return Runtime, and Load Shed Runtime Remaining to match other Smart-UPS

Release Notes: (UPS 10.0)
=========================
1.To improve the LCD response after a fault is cleared allowing it to go back to normal operation.
2.To improve the transferring from GREEN to SELFTEST and avoid improper message generated by customer server.
3.To improve the LCD Speaker symbol to work correct when enable from Simulator
4.To improve the Transfer-point should vary from PCBE Setting.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix